Last Updated: Nov 21,2010
Can anybody tell me how to unroot or remove the root fully from the phone??
Usually the same app you used to root your phone has an option to unroot....
how did you root your phone?
If you can't figure out how to unroot using your rooting program you can flash STB 2.2. Plenty of info on the forum on how to do this
I can give you a bit more info. If you want to take it to PM., feel free. What I need to know is if you want to erase all evidence of root. If so you must do an sbf. If not, just dowload z4Root from the market, install it and hit unroot. Easy peasy. However, some root files are still in evidence.
If you have to return your phone, please follow my directions below, to the letter. It says it's for unBRICKING, but it is also for a clean restoration that erases all evidence of root. Feel free to ask some more questions if needed.
*my note: make sure you install moto dx drivers on your PC: http://www.motorola.com/consumers/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=bda09ec8009a0210VgnVCM10000088 06b00aRCRD
C. UnBRICKING INSTRUCTIONS:
HELP ME. Ima noob! I BRICKED MY PHONE!
1. go to Home and DL the leaked full OTA FROYO 2.2 .SBF file.
2. Download and install RSDLite v4.8 (it should be on Home if not, go Google it.)
3. If your phone is stuck on the load screen, pull the battery, wait a minute, push the battery back in and restart with the phone’s Boot Loader Mode (do this by pressing the red camera button + volume down + power button  hold all of them in the order that I stated until your phone flashes briefly). Your phone should flash white and a Boot Loader menu will come up. Make sure there is at least 20 to 25 percent battery life remaining in order for the reformat of you phone to complete. If your phone dies in the middle of this process GOD HELP YOU.
4. Run the RSDLite File and connect your Droid X to your computer via USB.
5. Browse for the .SBF file you downloaded in step 1 and click “Start”, at which point the program should run and your phone will proceed to unbrick
6. EASY RIGHT?
7. Once unbricking you will have to go through reactivation of your phone. This is normal so just go through the steps you did when you first started.
8. GUESS WHAT? You made a backup of your previous customizations REMEMBER? If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of re-downloading your entire life onto your phone again follow the “ROOTING” instructions in Part A and redownload Bootstrap and reboot into recovery mode to RESTORE the backup you made by following steps 2-11 in Part B….except you won’t be going to “install from sdcard” you will going to “Backup and Restore” and “Restore from sdcard”.
Yep, Z4root rooted, unrooted, and rooted mine with no problems. I unrooted just to make sure it would.
@g.armor- Yeah, I tried it too and it was beautiful. The only thing is that you have to reboot to reroot after you unroot.
Additionally, I sbf'd my phone to see how well it worked on stock rom (2.3.15) that had no previous root apps. It took a bit more time but it worked famously!
Separate names with a comma.