how to upgradre my samsung galaxy pocket to ice cream ?

Last Updated:

1. kevinxd11

kevinxd11 Member

hi ,
    i am new user of androd. i have already root my samsung galaxy pocket now i'd like to know how upgrade my android version : gingerbread 2.3.6 to 3.x or 4.x ICS. is it possible really ? please advise me and help me :)

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Not possible for the pocket. Its a very low end phone and the hardware is not powerful enough to run Ice Cream.
  3. kevinxd11

kevinxd11 Member

so i can't get android version 3.x too?
  4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Android 3.0 or Honeycomb is released only for Tablets.

You could potentially try and find a ROM that someone has ported for your device to support Android 4.0, but like chanchan has said your device, being low end, would probably run it very poorly.
    kevinxd11 likes this.
  5. kevinxd11

kevinxd11 Member

but how to upgrade any android phone ?
  6. chanchan05

You can upgrade a phone if it has good specs. Just like on a PC.

For example, a Galaxy Pocket has a single core 800mhz A8 chip with no graphics chip. It can't run Ice Cream.

A Galaxy SIII has a quad core 1.2Ghz A9 chip with a Mali-400 graphics chip. This means it can run Jelly Bean and Ice Cream.

Your phone cannot be upgraded. Samsung phones are usually upgraded via the Kies program.
    kevinxd11 likes this.
  7. kevinxd11

kevinxd11 Member

ok thank guys i understand now:). so i can install only roms?
  8. chanchan05

If any exist for your phone. Usually ROMs are only available for the more popular higher end phones like the Galaxy S series.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2
  9. skyrocketguy

skyrocketguy Member

10. boyo1991

boyo1991 Well-Known Member

My words exactly. Its not about it being perfect for your phone.. its about ROM and hardware compatability.. you could possibly put 4.0 on it but it would be slow and you would hate it.. not worth it..
    kevinxd11 likes this.
  11. kevinxd11

kevinxd11 Member

you are right thank:)