• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to use gmail only with exchange account?

mttfrog13

Android Enthusiast
May 5, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hi guys, I'm wondering if there is a way to use gmail as a sort of email client in the sense that I basically wouldn't have to log into my windows live account which is an exchange account I use for school. I know we can have email forwarded to gmail, but is there a way that I can delete emails and send emails from my exchange account, from within gmail?

The reason I'm asking is because I want to stop using the email app and use only the gmail app. Can I add an exchange account to the gmail on my computer somehow? I've gone through the settings but don't see anything solid, just forwarding stuff.

I found a quick fix because I couldn't find the pop3 exchange server i am supposed to use. Basically I had my exchange email forward its mail to my gmail account and automatically delete the email. Then I enabled a feature on gmail that would let me send emails from other email accounts although it isn't full imap or pop3. I then set it to reply using the address that the email was originally sent to, whether its gmail or exchange.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones