• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to verify SD-Ext is in use on CM 10.2

chirokunie

Lurker
Apr 30, 2014
I have just converted my stock HTC Explorer from 2.3.5 to 4.3.1 using CM 10.2, everything seems to work well. I followed all the various guides to unlock, root, install CMW Recovery and ultimately flash with Cm 10.2. Thanks to all the great information and guides on various Android community sources I was successful - so very grateful to breath new life into the o'l Explorer.

I believe that CyanogenMod 10.2 expects/supports an SD-EXT partition, so post flashing I decided to create a 1024MB SD-Ext partition on my 8GB SD (c10). I used the CWM Recovery Advanced partition option to create it and it all appeared to work fine and phone booted up normally.

I checked the System Settings > About Phone > Partition Info which reports: /sdcard (FAT) at 6.38GB and /sd-ext (EXT) Unavailable.

So I suspect the EXT partition is not being recognised.

I also utilised MiniTool Partition Wizard to inspect the SD partitions and they appeared ok. I then deleted those partitions and recreated with MiniTool and rebooted phone. Exactly the same outcome. Storage of FAT appears correct and SD-EXT shows as Unavailable.

Being very new to all this, I suspect I may have either made a mistake, missed a step or am not verifying this in an appropriate way.

I would very much appreciate some guidance here.

Does CM 10.2 automatically detect and manage SD-EXT partitions or
do I need to utilise other steps / apps to activate/enable the SD-ext.

Some clarification about Link2SD in the scenario would be fantastic.

thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones