• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to wake up phone to end a call?

ocean1

Nov 6, 2009
Nothing blocking the sensor sometimes I cant end a call because the phone wont wake up! I click everything,slide everything sometimes just sometimes It will wake up if I push the little button up top. Major bummer when leaving a voice message. Anyone else have trouble ending phone calls or the thing going into some deeeeeep sleep?

My Droid has done this probably 4-5 times. I tried tapping the lock button and couldn't get it to wake up, so I just end up pulling the battery and that seems to do the trick. I'll wait until Dec 11 to see if the software update fixes the issue before I go running into Verizon again. They have no clue how to use the phone they sell.

Upvote 0
Tried the battery pull didnt work for long. Reminds me of my Storm last couple of battery pulls lol. Tried tapping on the lock button up top nada. Sliding out the keyboard worked but thats not right. Screws up me ending a call when leaving a voice mail if I cant end a call cuz I cant see the screen darn phones sleeping or something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones