How to..

Last Updated:

1. KDroidX

KDroidX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just rooted my droid to 2.2.. Its there a simple way I can get my phone back to regular? Because I think the mod our something on this is messed up. The touch screen is awful. And everything is slower

Advertisement
  2. KDroidX

And the battery life was terrible

3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

You really need to be more descriptive in order to figure out what the problem is. Explain exactly what ROM, kernel, etc you are running and exactly what issues you are having.

4. KDroidX

I used the walkthrough on droid life of getting from 2.1 to rooted 2.2.. and the touch screeen is shakey, they battery life is terrible, and the phone in general is slower. My X is on its way and I'm trying to sell this phone anyways so I just want to unroot. But idk how

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

6. supersaki

supersaki Well-Known Member

How long did you test it out for? A lot of people complained about 2.2 being slow and unresponsive when they first installed it, because they didn't notice that it is restoring their 100+ apps in the background.

Also, which rom did you flash?

Either way, going back to stock is the same process as unrooting your phone, just flashing a different .sbf file.

[Eidt:] The Guide to All Things Root in this forum has a stock verizon 2.01 sbf file you can use to unroot and go to 2.01, and from there upgrade to stock 2.1.

7. KDroidX

i have had it for around 9 days now. and i dont know which rom i flashed. saphire was something i put on there to root it and make it 2.2

8. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

a rooted phone may sell for more cash :) besides you can just load a stock rom on it and leave the sprecovery on it and nobody would know.

9. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

if the person took it some where like verizon to get help their phone may be flagged though. You shouldnt sell someone a phone that is not stock without telling them that.

10. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

yes I agree ... I guess I spoke without thinking again .... Doh !!! :confused: