• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to..

Upvote 0
I used the walkthrough on droid life of getting from 2.1 to rooted 2.2.. and the touch screeen is shakey, they battery life is terrible, and the phone in general is slower. My X is on its way and I'm trying to sell this phone anyways so I just want to unroot. But idk how

How long did you test it out for? A lot of people complained about 2.2 being slow and unresponsive when they first installed it, because they didn't notice that it is restoring their 100+ apps in the background.

Also, which rom did you flash?

Either way, going back to stock is the same process as unrooting your phone, just flashing a different .sbf file.

[Eidt:] The Guide to All Things Root in this forum has a stock verizon 2.01 sbf file you can use to unroot and go to 2.01, and from there upgrade to stock 2.1.

Upvote 0
How long did you test it out for? A lot of people complained about 2.2 being slow and unresponsive when they first installed it, because they didn't notice that it is restoring their 100+ apps in the background.
i have had it for around 9 days now. and i dont know which rom i flashed. saphire was something i put on there to root it and make it 2.2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones