• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Howdy!

B

besweeet

What's up?!

In short, I'm an iPhone "Fanboy" who is very serious about moving to Android. The iPhone OS has reached version 4.0, and it's still behind compared to Android, or even the Palm Pre. It took them 4 major updates to implement multitasking and homescreen wallpapers.

With that said, I'm going to be looking for an Android device this summer. I'm currently on AT&T, and I plan on it staying that way for a long time (I personally like AT&T, and am satisfied with their service). I'll probably buy something late June/early July.

I'm looking at the Nexus One, but I would really like it to have HTC's Sense UI. I know that you can flash your own ROM to it (which I guess is sort of like jailbreaking?), but I don't know anything about that sort of thing (yet).

The HTC Desire and Legend both catch my eye a lot. The Legend looks nicer than the Desire, but the Desire is a bit faster. Neither (I think) is compatible with any US 3G bands, so that's a bit disappointing.

So, that this point, I guess my only option is the Nexus One. Do any of you think there will be any other AT&T Android devices like this by July (some device with HTC Sense)?

What's up?!

In short, I'm an iPhone "Fanboy" who is very serious about moving to Android. The iPhone OS has reached version 4.0, and it's still behind compared to Android, or even the Palm Pre. It took them 4 major updates to implement multitasking and homescreen wallpapers.

With that said, I'm going to be looking for an Android device this summer. I'm currently on AT&T, and I plan on it staying that way for a long time (I personally like AT&T, and am satisfied with their service). I'll probably buy something late June/early July.

I'm looking at the Nexus One, but I would really like it to have HTC's Sense UI. I know that you can flash your own ROM to it (which I guess is sort of like jailbreaking?), but I don't know anything about that sort of thing (yet).

The HTC Desire and Legend both catch my eye a lot. The Legend looks nicer than the Desire, but the Desire is a bit faster. Neither (I think) is compatible with any US 3G bands, so that's a bit disappointing.

So, that this point, I guess my only option is the Nexus One. Do any of you think there will be any other AT&T Android devices like this by July (some device with HTC Sense)?
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones