• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Htc aria froyo

Hi guys,

Is there a way to remove and install the default OS on the phone that would come with it if you purchased the phone outright? I know you can root the phone, would that be the same thing or is there a way to remove my carrier OS and put a default non carrier OS. That way I can get the Froyo update before it is released from my carrier which is optus.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums, badboysoulja.

I've moved your question to the Aria support area for you.

There are several approaches to the 2.2 upgrade issue. Some users like to wait for the update to get into the hands of ROM developers so that they can root and take advantages of Froyo ROMs, especially with an eye toward removing bloatware provided by the carrier and device manufacturers.

Others will simply allow the update to come to their phone OTA ("Over The Air").

If you want to replace your OS right away, you're right in what you say about rooting and installing a ROM straight up. Here in the Aria forums is a sub-forum called "All Things Root":

Aria - All Things Root - Android Forums

Have a look around the threads in there to get an idea about what Aria users are doing.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Frisco,

I know I can back up my original rom and at any time re-upload that rom and the phone will be how I purchased it from Optus (Australian carrier) and have all the 3rd party waste of space that they put on it. And I know there are different roms etc that can be used to root the phone.
But I was wanting to know if there was a rom out there that is a standard rom from a non carrier Aria device. So the same way I would back up my standard rom and can re-load it again, I would like to load an backup rom from a Aria device that is not from a carrier. That way I wont have any 3rd party apps etc and can then recieve the update OTA.

Thanks in advanced

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones