• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Aria on June 7th?

With the special upgrade option from AT&T for anyone whos contract ends in 2010, I am thinking that their exclusive window is closing. It gives AT&T a way to lock in any current iPhone users(who they helped Apple service when it was not proven) it lets them grab a few people who were sitting on the fence, but then would allow Apple to get people on multiple networks in the US.

I wonder if Apple told them that the end was near, and might end sooner if their was an "actual" competitor to the iPhone at launch.

I can not think of ANY other strategic reason why AT&T would go back on their 5 androids by mid year announcement, and the LONG delay for the already announced Aero.

I almost feel sorry for anyone who dropped down to the 2gb data package then gets the new iPhone and uses Netflix streaming, better Pandora in the background and the Video conferfencing when it goes 3G

Upvote 0
Right, but I meant that they can "recapture" the original/early iPhone users, and get some new people who come from other companies.

I.E. Hey Apple, we stuck up for you in the beginning, give us a bone to try to keep our current customers(who have suffered through our crappy network issues), and get some more customers locked in before you open it up to others.

Sorry if i was unclear on what I meant.

Upvote 0
so the big AT&T android news of the day was that it would only be $199 for a 16gb Iphone4 that you can then ebay to buy a nexus one.

Hmmm good call, might have to look into that. I am still in my 30 day window on my Backflip, since AT&T has NO viable Android announced yet, I might have to look into that.

I would love to get one of the newer, kick ass Androids, but maybe the N1 and a couple bucks would work.

Upvote 0
So, looking at today's pictures and video of the Aria/Liberty/Whatever, I'm convinced it's a 3.1" screen. Consider if you will, take an HTC Legend, replace the aluminum with standard hard plastic, chop off the bottom chin, move the track sensor up between the bottom row of capacitive buttons, and voila! HTC Aria!

Here's a 5-minute photochop where I took the bottom of the Aria and pasted it over the bottom of the Legend.

htc-legend-aria.jpg

Upvote 0
Why would they make a smaller screen AND take away that beautiful single piece construction of the legend? Just to be different for no reason? I just dont see the point of this phone if it is as you say.

What designer says...you know I think the customers like this phone, except yeah make the screen smaller and take this metal single body design away and make it plastic...that'll make it better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones