• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire 650 won't turn on after battery replacement.

Pink88

Lurker
Dec 31, 2019
I have a HTC Desire 650 and after leaving the phone on the charger constantly the battery has now swollen. I bought a new battery on Aliexpress and put it in but the phone does not turn on. I put the old battery back in and the phone works. I then put the new battery in and the phone still won't turn on. Is the Aliexpress battery no good or am I doing something wrong. The old battery is 35H00257-03M, the new battery 35H00257-01M which is a bit different. Does it matter the old battery is 03M and the new battery is 01M. If you can please help that would be great.

I'd like to say, Im not familiar with your device but in my option it is either one of three possibilities. The new battery is defective, the battery is incompatible with your device or both. My suggestion is return it for a refund and choose another battery specifically made for you device. Perhaps, even another brand.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'd like to say, Im not familiar with your device but in my option it is either one of three possibles. The new battery is defective, the battery is incompatible with your device or both. My suggestion is return it for a refund and choose another battery specifically made for you device. Perhaps, even another brand.
100% agree

Reactions: mikedt and MrJavi
Upvote 0
If you have a multimeter/VOM handy, check the voltage of the batteries. Charged should be around 3.6V. and that should at least prove if the battery from Aliexpress is actually holding a charge or not. Could even be it's a fake filled with sawdust, especially when buying cheapo online.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd like to say, Im not familiar with your device but in my option it is either one of three possibilities. The new battery is defective, the battery is incompatible with your device or both. My suggestion is return it for a refund and choose another battery specifically made for you device. Perhaps, even another brand.
If you have a multimeter/VOM handy, check the voltage of the batteries. Charged should be around 3.6V. and that should at least prove if the battery from Aliexpress is actually holding a charge or not. Could even be it's a fake filled with sawdust, especially when buying cheapo online.

Thank you all. I have tested the new battery it has charge to 3.9 volt, but when I try to turn on the phone the voltage drops down to about 2 volts. Dropping the voltage this much might mean the battery is probably not compatible or faulty. Not sure.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones