• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire - Colours Available & Unlocked in UK

Tubbs

Lurker
Jun 2, 2010
Hi Guys,

Im purchased a HTC Desire 3 weeks ago on Vodaphone as an upgrade to find the phone is the Bronze/Brown version (said black on Voda's site :() so phone has gone back, tbh, looked kinda purple/lavender to me!

Since purchased the Black version on Orange, but is locked to Orange's network and uses a lot of Orange menu's etc and not simply HTC's, also has
orange logo on rear of phone! (salesman said probably not locked nor stamped!) second phone just been sent back :eek:

I simply want an open phone in either Black or Silver and am willing to use
the following networks: Vodaphone, 02, or Orange in the UK.

Does anyone have any information when these providers may be getting these handsets in either Silver or Black, Orange it seems will always be stamped and locked.

Any help will be appreciated, but im thinking that it may be a few months yet! :mad:

I am suprised! I spoke to Vodaphone yesterday and they stated that they only provide the brown ones and have no information if and when the black one will be coming! (although they state black on their website) hence sending on back last Thursday.

Ive spoke to carphonewarehouse (only brown) and phones4u (do have black but on Orange, the last one Ive just returned), no one seems to have these in black or silver yet open as yet.

I think they will be coming but as mentioned, going to be a few months yet!

Upvote 0
Can i stick up for the bronze / pink / lavender / shiny colour. Looks rather nice, however most people will cover it with a case anyway.

I'm with you, I think it's quite distinctive and the colour is really only an accent as it's mostly a really nice matt black, only the screen surround is coloured. Mine was covered up with a case but I've decided to risk it without as it was blocking the colour!

For anyone who really wants something distinctive, I hear gelaskins (GelaSkins | iPad Skins, iPhone Skins, iPod Skins, Laptop Skins, Gaming Skins, Custom Skins, Giclee Prints and more...) are getting good reviews, although I've never tried them so this isn't a recommendation!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones