HTC Desire - Colours Available & Unlocked in UK

Last Updated:

1. Tubbs

Tubbs New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,

Im purchased a HTC Desire 3 weeks ago on Vodaphone as an upgrade to find the phone is the Bronze/Brown version (said black on Voda's site :() so phone has gone back, tbh, looked kinda purple/lavender to me!

Since purchased the Black version on Orange, but is locked to Orange's network and uses a lot of Orange menu's etc and not simply HTC's, also has
    orange logo on rear of phone! (salesman said probably not locked nor stamped!) second phone just been sent back :eek:

I simply want an open phone in either Black or Silver and am willing to use
    the following networks: Vodaphone, 02, or Orange in the UK.

Does anyone have any information when these providers may be getting these handsets in either Silver or Black, Orange it seems will always be stamped and locked.

Any help will be appreciated, but im thinking that it may be a few months yet! :mad:

Advertisement
  2. RobbM

RobbM Member

Go through a retailer such as carphonewarehouse, they usually supply the phone unbranded from HTC and then they use the sim of your choice.

3. wellibob

wellibob Well-Known Member

I do know of a friend who asked vodafone for the all black version, and got sent the bonze one, returned it, and did indeed get an all black one. all the ones ive seen are bronze apart from that one he got delivered last week

4. delinear

delinear Well-Known Member

I thought the black version was exclusive to Orange and everyone else was just getting the standard colour (well, I remember reading a few announcements to that affect when I got mine, although I wasn't too fussed as I prefer the standard colour).

5. Tubbs

I am suprised! I spoke to Vodaphone yesterday and they stated that they only provide the brown ones and have no information if and when the black one will be coming! (although they state black on their website) hence sending on back last Thursday.

Ive spoke to carphonewarehouse (only brown) and phones4u (do have black but on Orange, the last one Ive just returned), no one seems to have these in black or silver yet open as yet.

I think they will be coming but as mentioned, going to be a few months yet!

6. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member

Yeah, as far as I am aware all the black ones are orange branded.

That said, the brown one is not brown... it is mat black and grey as far as I can make out.

7. Tubbs

tbh, ive had the brown one for 4 days and its more purple in sunlight! and bronze looking without light, cant believe this is the main colour they have launched the phone with!

8. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

Can i stick up for the bronze / pink / lavender / shiny colour. Looks rather nice, however most people will cover it with a case anyway.

9. delinear

delinear Well-Known Member

I'm with you, I think it's quite distinctive and the colour is really only an accent as it's mostly a really nice matt black, only the screen surround is coloured. Mine was covered up with a case but I've decided to risk it without as it was blocking the colour!

For anyone who really wants something distinctive, I hear gelaskins (GelaSkins | iPad Skins, iPhone Skins, iPod Skins, Laptop Skins, Gaming Skins, Custom Skins, Giclee Prints and more...) are getting good reviews, although I've never tried them so this isn't a recommendation!

10. desi.guru

desi.guru Member

Everybody has got black..the overhyped, overpriced iPhone is also in black.

Is there a reason to go black? Or Do you blieve in once you go black you never go back???

Brown is the in thing. Go for it

11. Rew

Rew Well-Known Member

Mine is described as Graphite on the Three web site but it looks dark brown and bronze to me :D

12. KBv1

KBv1 Well-Known Member

So is the Vodafone version brown? Looking at the website it looks black to me :confused: Has anyone got a real life photo of the Vodafone version they can post here :p

13. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Brown=bronze=graphite

14. mr.hachi

mr.hachi Well-Known Member

I got mine from CFW, it appears to be locked (Orange) but no branding, logos or any other annoying crap they like to "give" you.

I like the colour, It's just like my DSi XL