• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire on TMobile

nando

Lurker
Apr 17, 2010
My wife is getting to the end of her patience bidding her time with an old G1 (while she keeps eyeing up my Nexus One). . . she is more than a little interested in the HTC Desire, but as far as I can tell it wouldn't be supported for 3G on TMobile.

Would that be the only issue on TMobile's network? Would the phone just be constantly and irreparably stuck on EDGE? She doesn't seem to mind that, I'm just concern about other unforeseen issues. Does anyone have any direct experience, or more insight?

TIA

Oops, sorry guys. . . totally didn't realize that there were any replies.

Yes, we live in the US. So this is a question specific to TMo USA.

Unbelievably this hasn't been resolved yet. . . (from April and it's June now). She's still stuck on the Desire and apparently it's finally been announced to come to the US under a different name.

I am still trying to convince her to let me get her a Nexus before Google stops selling it and the upgrade price goes through the roof.

Upvote 0
Oops, sorry guys. . . totally didn't realize that there were any replies.

Yes, we live in the US. So this is a question specific to TMo USA.

Unbelievably this hasn't been resolved yet. . . (from April and it's June now). She's still stuck on the Desire and apparently it's finally been announced to come to the US under a different name.

I am still trying to convince her to let me get her a Nexus before Google stops selling it and the upgrade price goes through the roof.

You would be crazy to buy a Desire without the 3G bands for the amount of money you're going to have to spend. IMO you've got the right mindset going with pushing her to the N1. I'm assuming the flashy Sense is what's drawing her eye to the Desire.

The Desire was rumored to be going to Canada with AT&T 3G bands under a different name, but then it was reported it was in the system under the Desire. Then it was Southern Cellular(CDMA) supposedly getting it.

Why AT&T didn't lock in an exclusive in the US still boggles me, considering it already has FCC and because of Canada their bands.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones