• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire S screen when typing

weemac

Lurker
Jun 12, 2012
Hi

I've just done the update on my Desire S to Android 2.3.5 and HTC Sense 3.0 after putting it off for months due to bad experiences with updating other devices and some of the issues raised by people on forums like this one. So far everything is fine...liking the new 3D animations etc but one thing that annoys me is the screen that comes up when I type anything. For example, when typing a reply to a text message, the 'add text' box will take up just over half the screen with the rest being the keyboard whereas, before you'd be able to see the text conversation whilst typing. Also, when, for example, typing in a website address as well as a text message, the area that comes up with suggestions for predicting the text I'm going to write actually covers up what I'm typing so I can't see what I'm writing (if that makes any sense). Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any chance this is a glitch or anyway I can move the text prediction box so I can see what I'm typing? Or is it just a feature of the update I'll need to put up with?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones