• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire Touch Sensitivity

Enthrall

Sep 21, 2010
Heya,

I plan to get an HTC Desire soon and have one last question on mind.

The best phone I've used so far is the iPhone. If anyone's used/compared the iPhone and Desire with a hands-on experience, could you please let me know how well the touch sensitivity/responsiveness of the HTC Desire compares with the iPhones? i.e. does it respond as well to soft/light touches as the iPhone does?

Also, how well would you place the touch sensitivity (good, better, best, equal) for - Apple iPhone, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy i9000, if you've personally experienced all 3, or any 2 of them :)

I haven't been able to get my hands on one unfortunately. This seemed to be the only way left to find out.

Thanks for your responses! :)

P.S.: Would having an SLCD screen instead of AMOLED affect the sensitivity?

I've played with an iPhone 4, the touch sensitivity is about equal, though the iPhone has slightly snazzier effects on screen transitions and seems slightly snappier, but Android has the advantage of widgets, so you don't need to open an app to see transient information like news, weather, facebook updates, etc.

I expect fully Apple to introduce Widgets in the iPhone 5 stating that their new and magical widgets are brand new and nobody has done those before. ;)

Reactions: Enthrall
Upvote 0
I had an iPhone 3G for 2.5 years and now my Desire since May,
The Desire is as sensetive and accurate as the iPhone, and as responsive (maybe a bit more responsive on 2.2.) as my iPhone 3g running 3.02.

The multitouch isnt quite as good under lab conditions and technical tests, but
in day to day use conditions that any real world user would experience, its just as good.

I wouldnt go back to my 3G iPhone now.

Reactions: Enthrall
Upvote 0
Thanks for your responses Retro, Gav and Cars!

The multitouch isnt quite as good under lab conditions and technical tests, but in day to day use conditions that any real world user would experience, its just as good.

The multi-touch wouldn't be much of a concern to me I suppose, since I'd use the phone for gaming only occasionally (I believe that's where multi-touch really comes into play?). My main usage would be scrolling back and forth between the screens of the Sense UI :D

Upvote 0
Thanks for your responses Retro, Gav and Cars!

The multi-touch wouldn't be much of a concern to me I suppose, since I'd use the phone for gaming only occasionally (I believe that's where multi-touch really comes into play?). My main usage would be scrolling back and forth between the screens of the Sense UI :D

In that case it'll be an excellent choice. :D Multitouch is also used in the photo app and in the web browser for pinch-zoom capability.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones