• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire won't boot anymore

Kellord

Lurker
Aug 13, 2012
Hi,

I have an HTC Desire that doesn't want to boot anymore.
Everytime I try to start my phone I get the HTC screen, and the "quietly brilliant" description, then the screen goes black for half a second, and I get the HTC screen with matching description again. This goes on and on, like it is stuck in a loophole, wich is rather unfortunate.
The problem started when I was playing a game on my phone that got stuck. There was no way to get a response from my phone so I had to take out the battery. After that, everything was okay, and it booted normal. A couple of days later I played the game again (my bad), and it go stuck again, so I had to take out the battery once more. But this time it didn't booted at all and got stuck in a loophole...
Anyone who has an idea on how to solve this problem is more than welcome to share.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Kellord, and welcome to AF :)

How long do you leave the battery out? Give it 2 minutes and see whether it helps.

If not, let the phone get cool, then try.

If still not, then are you rooted? My guess is "no", but we might have more options if you are. If not, then I fear we may have to do a factory reset (i.e. erase all user apps and data).

You can do this by booting the phone while pressing the "volume down" key, then selecting "clear storage" from the menu on the while screen (hboot screen). It's not a nice option, but there may be nothing else (an official HTC software flash, a ROM Update Utility, is the last resort, but those wipe the phone as well).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones