• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc droid eris music skips

Just install headset block and enable it, even if you dont have a headset.
Whats happening is that your headphones have a built in microphone. The phone detects it as a headset.
Also, youll notice with headphones that dont have this issue that there are three bands.
Regular headphones (like mine) have two.
So just use headohone block. It may stop once, when the ohone recognizes it as a headset, but after that, it stopped skipping.

Upvote 0
anyone having this issue? i'll put on my earphones, turn on the music and lock the screen, put the phone in my pocket and start walking to class. next thing you know the music starts skipping and fast forwarding, so i'll grab out my phone to unlock the screen and see that my music playlist is changing songs by itself. i really have no idea why it does this...it's so annoying.
I believe these issues can be fixed if you "fast reboot" your phone - with the HTC One X+ you hold the power button and the volume button in the "up / higher" volume position to quick boot your phone that should reset the player issues...

THIS DEFINITELY WORKS IF YOU HAVE A COMMON HOX+ ISSUE - Where ALL VIDEO AND MUSIC FAST FORWARDS THROUGH A SINGLE SONG (its really annoying and often happens when the head phone jacks are inserted for the first time in the day - a very annoying bug - disappointed in HTC for this).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones