• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Htc Evo 4g non lte (Kingdom) troubles

Dotcomdz

Lurker
Mar 26, 2015
So i have been trying for weeks to get this phone unlocked, rooted and S-OFF. To no avail!!
I have it unlocked via htcdev bootloader unlock process, I have twrp installed. I flashed cwm-supersu-v0.87.zip. Rebooted the system and in my apps super user appeared. Root checker says its rooted. I have installed the stock ph44img.zip before starting this process so on a complete stock setup. So i am stuck. I cant flash any roms.....I tried fastboot method and always get signature failed to verify. If i try from rewcovery i get failed unabled to load sdcard bin su binary. I have been able to get the reloaded rom to install then flash gapps mini modular and recovery say successful!! Then reboot to the white htc screen forever. I wiped the cache and dalvik before each attemp. tried cache dalvik system and no luck. Can anyone point me in the right dirrection to fix my problem?

Phone:
HBOOT screen
pvt kingdom ship S-ON
Hboot 1.32.000
radio 1.11.00.1116
emmc boot
november 29, 2012

Phone:
hardware v. 0002
software 3.14.651.0710RD
android 4.0.3
sense 3.6
PRI 2.97_003
PRL 51097
Kernel 3.0.16-68AB725F
Baseband 2.0.36W.30.0815U_2.11.00.1116

This phone is not active on any carrier currently but it was a sprint phone.

Thanks for any help in advance!!!

Steven

A.K.A Dotcomdz

Thanks so much. I feel like I've read every HTC evo design thread on the planet. Tried windroid no luck. Revolutionary no luck. Htcsupertool v3 no luck. Followed guides manually no luck. Maybe I should mention this was a replacement refurbished phone I got a couple years ago after mine suffered water damage.

Upvote 0
No problem. I used to (and still do) have the Evo 4g from Sprint (slightly different variant) :D

Anyhoo, yeah, I don't think your issue is S-on. Not sure what the issue is but......

Just be sure to check the md5 of the rom download before flashing it:)
Just in case you are not familiar with md5's:
http://androidforums.com/threads/md5-verification.443074/

Edit: oh, and fwiw, I know this thread is old but perhaps something of value is in it for ya:)
http://androidforums.com/threads/htc-evo-design-4g-all-carriers-root-guide.606293/

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Mike I thank you so much!! That was the issue. I wasn't thinking of the phone as a design....just 4g, after all it says so on the splash screen at start up....well used to say it... ;-) now it says evervol!!! SUCCESS thank you so much for helping me figure out the tiny slip up!!!!! Everything went smooth as silk when I flashed evervol and gapps!!! Have to head on back to that thread and give the creators some props next. Wonderful forum. I posted questions elsewhere with no responses. This forum reminds me of my overclock.net days when I was heavy into modding pc's.

Thanks again!!!
Steven A.K.A. Dotcomdz

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
So now that I have that figured out. Before I activate this phone does anyone have any specific information/links to htc design oriented roms for me to check out?
Also as far as kernels go can this phone be changed to something other than jellybean? Should I update to a different hboot? Now my mind is turning so much!!Lol. Reminds me of when I took my AMD Operton 1.8 GHZ and water cooled it with dual sli nvidia 7800gt's and rocked it up to a very stable 3.4ghz :rolleyes: Once I get started on a project I keep going and going. This case cost me over 200 and i went to modding it! Had the images laser engraved on the side panel so I have some guts.LOL

pic.php
pic.php
pic.php
pic.php
pic.php

Thanks again!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones