• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO 4G Vs. DROID Incredible

Which one is better?

• HTC EVO 4G

Votes: 51 30.4%
  • HTC DROID Incredible

Votes: 104 61.9%
  • Still deciding

Votes: 13 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The link below explains one of the exact reasons I didn't wait for the EVO 4G, even if I could deal with it requiring a laptop bag to carry around. When the EVO was first announced, I heard rumblings that the phone will require a more expensive plan than the current all-inclusive $69.99; and now it seems that both the plan will cost more and the mobile hotspot will not be included for free. Considering I pay $64/month for my Incredible Verizon service (no pun intended), I would have been pissed if I waited the extra few months only to have to shell out an additional $10, $20, $30 (who knows) per month. Of course, there is a chance the price plans will not be affected much, but I am not a risk taker.

Special plans are being created for the Sprint EVO – Android and Me

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yes, the smaller the display, the more people will want it....

Size does mater. Really. Not even talking about phones...

It's an HTC phone. They will dump more 1300 mAh batteries on us. Maybe blue this time...

Right, because you don't know anyone who owns a laptop with a built in camera to chat with. We are not all so socially isolated...

And you admit it? Ha Ha. No talent or imagination?

You are an obnoxious troll.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This 4G "advantage" seems kind of deceiving due to the weak 3G/4G coverage map of Sprint and ties into the comparison:

1. 4G is only in a few cities and by the time it is as common as 3G for Sprint, the "EVO 3" with even better stuff will be out ;) Verizon will have their high speed too by then.
2. What good is the super-fast speed without wide 3G coverage map? Unless you are a hermit, or stay in a city area.
3. 4.3" drains more battery.
4. HD2 seems a tad too big as it is
5. Has less built-in memory than the Inc
6. Have they fixed the touch screen problems? HD2 is less responsive and less accurate than the Inc, in regards to multi-touch. Yes, OS will be different, but the touch sensors are the problem with HD2.

Besides the bigger screen, the 720 HDMI is the only other advantage, and I can not see using that (unless for browsing) in a practical manner for a few reasons:

1. 720p decoding runs HOT when output to external source. The device size does not seem good for heat dissipation. Also make sure to have a wall socket or USB handy ;)
2. 720p content takes up a lot of space on the microsd card and drains battery due o decoding needs.

Based on experience with the HD2 hardware, I would not pick the EVO over the Inc, even if on Verizon. IMO, Inc is a better size device and has more space for media. At least Sprint has better coverage than Tmo does.

BTW, hold the HD2 and Inc and compare them. IMO, HD2 is too big and slightly awkward due to the size and really stands out when comparing at the same time. Go to a Walmart or Radio Shack to compare. I did.

Upvote 0
If going larger and choosing sprint as your carrier doesn't bother you I don't see how anyone can think the droid INC can be the better phone. It's either equal to or inferior in side to side specs.

For me, a larger screen isn't necessary and going over to sprint is worthless (all friends and family are with Verizon), so the INC is the logical choice. But as far as specs go the 4G is the superior phone.

Upvote 0
I just realized just how super huge the EVO will be. I went into a Tmobile store and asked the sales rep to see this phone called the HTC HD2, but I didn't realize that it was a tablet like the Ipad, except you can place and receive calls on it, and multitask. That thing was huuuuuge. I don't have small hands, but that was the biggest phone that I have ever seen. It made me jealous as a man, and made me envious, and I'm scared to have something this big around my wife.....she may not look at me as a man anymore. And get this, the EVO is actually 2 mm thicker AND WIDER than the Tablet/Phone known as the HD2. Wowsers!

Upvote 0
Why is it that every thread even mentioning the EVO is filled with posts from briankeith513, Crow, rushmore, Lefort1, and, of course, jamor? At least my excuse is that I'm buying both phones to compare them. What's your's?

I'm intrigued by the phone, so I am discussing it. This phone is absolutely awesome, and a big cousin to the Incredible. I have the Incredible, and it's the best phone that I've ever used, and since the EVO is very similar, I am interested in discussing it. I apologize for obviously hurting your feelings about it.

I will say this. The EVO is truly a large phone. Anyone who denies that shouldn't even be taken seriously. However, that is both a pro and a con. Some people will love it because it's an advantage for web browsing, and anything else that you do with the screen. However, it really is super huge. For me it was a turn off, but at the same time, I saw that it could be useful. I love the idea of a 4.3 inch screen, but the overall size of the phone is just too big to be a cell phone imo. It's a catch 22...I love the size and hate the size.

Upvote 0
this thread:

grapes-print.jpg

Upvote 0
okay well say both phones were unlocked... and just comparing the phones which one is better?

I LOVE the Inc, thats a fact. But if there was not a network issue, and i could chose between the Inc and Evo, i would have to say Evo. The reason is because of the massive screen. I love that. The only way for me to choose it would be if the Evo was on Verizon though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones