• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Evo will not come on

jaydog71

Lurker
Oct 11, 2011
This morning when I got up, I noticed that my phone was off and could'nt come back on. I searched youtube to see if anyone on there had similar problems and came across a video showing how I can do a manufacture reset. So I tried to do that and all I got was the reset screen for a second or two and it shut off again. I tried to remove the battery and memory card to see if that had anything to do with it but no luck. Tried to make sure the connection from the HTC cord into the usb plug was properly inserted and into the wall plug, still would'nt work. :mad:

The only thing that I can think of that I did different last night when I plugged my phone into my laptop to charge during the night was that I used a usb extended cord to plug it up. Could that effect the way the phone would react to charging and would've mess the phone up?

:thinking:

This morning when I got up, I noticed that my phone was off and could'nt come back on. I searched youtube to see if anyone on there had similar problems and came across a video showing how I can do a manufacture reset. So I tried to do that and all I got was the reset screen for a second or two and it shut off again. I tried to remove the battery and memory card to see if that had anything to do with it but no luck. Tried to make sure the connection from the HTC cord into the usb plug was properly inserted and into the wall plug, still would'nt work. :mad:

The only thing that I can think of that I did different last night when I plugged my phone into my laptop to charge during the night was that I used a usb extended cord to plug it up. Could that effect the way the phone would react to charging and would've mess the phone up?

:thinking:

actually that is a better way to charge the phone then the wall charger. it slowly charges your phone. it could be your battery. my phone is over a year now and it had trouble holding a charge, replaced it with a new battery from amazon and no issues so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones