• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Hero from Sprint will not charge

I have read several thread regarding a similar issue, however my problem has some notable differences:
1. I plug my phone directly into a wall socket--no USB drive on a computer.
2. I've misplaced the original charger, so I bought a "PointMobile" universal phone charger. This worked absolutely fine for a month or so, and now for some reason the phone WILL NOT charge.
Even when the light on the charger itself (the PointMobile half, not the light on my Android phone) is on saying it is receiving power from the wall socket, my phone doesn't recognize that I plugged the charger in. It will always eventually die.
I'm really aggravated. My phone is dead as we speak and I was expecting several calls this morning for some lab results that are of importance... :(
Please help. What should I do?

Thread moved to the troubleshooting section. Below is what I know about chargers and the Sprint HTC Hero.

The Sprint HTC Hero is pretty finicky when it comes to third party chargers. Either it acts screwy or will not charge at all. If the orange charge light is not lit on your handset, then the charger is not working with it. My recommendation would be to find an OEM charger. In the meantime, if you have ANY type of computer available with a USB port, plug your Sprint HTC Hero into that to slowly charge it up. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones