• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Hero general problems

ash8074

Lurker
Nov 27, 2011
I am currently using a HTC Hero on T Mobile, which is running android 1.5
I tried using the official update to android 2.1 a while ago, but for some reason it just wouldn't work. Recently, i my phone would not even connect to my computer (it would just say the device could not be recognized), and the message choosing to mount would not pop up, and the phone would just charge when connected. I now have a new computer, and the phone still does the same thing.

Is there any way to fix this? And how do i get the update to work? Or would it just be better to root the phone? (if the connection problem can be fixed)

any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to AF :D

I moved this thread to the HTC hero forums for more answers from users of the phone.

it sounds like you either have a driver issue (not very likely if you didn't have any driver issues before) or the USB port on the phone is messed up. You could try using a different USB port on the PC to see if that helps but if it doesn't then I think this is a hardware issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones