• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Hero process system not responding

Hello this is my first post and i really need some help. i have the HTC Hero and it is not rooted (idk what that is) but yesterday i noticed that it was repeatedly restarting itself over and over and over all day. it killed the battery really fast. when i looked at it, it had a message that said -

Sorry!
Process system is not responding
Force close/Wait

whichever one i press in about 2 minutes it just restarts itself and then happens again. i cant turn the volume up/down. i can only use a few apps and cant connect to the internet. i havent downloaded anything except a few apps/games from the market. ive deleted a few apps and it hasnt changed anything. is there anything i can do because the phone is pretty much useless right now? please try to avoid big technical words or things like ROM because ive seen them in other threads and dont know what they mean. PLEASE HELP!

What version of Android are you running? Android 1.5 or Android 2.1? It sounds like something is seriously screwed up. You might have to do a factory reset.

Here are the steps to perform one without having to get into the Android operating system: HTC Hero ( Android 2.1 ) - Restarting or factory resetting your phone . Yes, it is for the GSM version, but the same rules should apply. If you keep having the errors above, give this a try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones