• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC hero vs iPhone!

DSHEP7

Oct 13, 2009
Hey guys,

Ok I need some help! A friend of mine is going to be getting the iphone in a few weeks.

He is extremely competitive and i know he is going to want a battle to see who has the best phone!

I need ideas to what a I can show/do to prove the iphone is in superior to the hero!

A list of the best tips, tricks and apps would be awesome!

Dave!

Hey guys,

Ok I need some help! A friend of mine is going to be getting the iphone in a few weeks.

He is extremely competitive and i know he is going to want a battle to see who has the best phone!

I need ideas to what a I can show/do to prove the iphone is in superior to the hero!

A list of the best tips, tricks and apps would be awesome!

Dave!

It's really not a matter of being superior, just the Hero is an excellent multitasker.

A lot of my friends have iPhones and always ask me what is so different about it. I then show them the SENSE screens and configure one. I usually add a PANDORA widget and get it to play music (the widget will then show the current music showing, as well as controls), then I load a small WEATHER widget, then NFL MOBILE widget that scrolls scores, then I open a game and then I open a browser. Then, I show them that all those items can run and won't close until I close them. I can switch between them and the start up right where I left off.

I wish FLASH was better on the phone, but it's still more than anyone else has right now and will hopefully improve over time.

I'd like to add that it's not about being the best, it's about being able to do what you want it to do. I don't go around trying to show off what my phone can do that theirs can't, it's usually a matter of them trying to compare and show off theirs and being curious as to what mine can do.

So far it's funny that it usually ends up with them trying to find something that iPhone can do that the Hero can't? Other than some apps that haven't made it over to Android yet, there really isn't much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones