• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Htc incredible & bluetooth

N3WWL

Lurker
Oct 1, 2010
I'm sure it's been discussed before. I have a Cardo Scala Rider bluetooth headset mounted on my motorcycle helmet. The devices work together for phone operation perfectly. I am unable to get the turn by turn voice navigation to come through the Scala Rider...it only comes through the Incredible's speaker. This also goes for my old Motorola bluetooth device I use in my vehicle. Am I doing someting wrong, or is it simply a compatability issue. I am unable to see my Incredible on my motorcycle as I keep it in my shirt pocket. It sure would be nice to have verbal navigation through the Scala Rider. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm sure it's been discussed before. I have a Cardo Scala Rider bluetooth headset mounted on my motorcycle helmet. The devices work together for phone operation perfectly. I am unable to get the turn by turn voice navigation to come through the Scala Rider...it only comes through the Incredible's speaker. This also goes for my old Motorola bluetooth device I use in my vehicle. Am I doing someting wrong, or is it simply a compatability issue. I am unable to see my Incredible on my motorcycle as I keep it in my shirt pocket. It sure would be nice to have verbal navigation through the Scala Rider. Thanks in advance for any advice.

If you're attempting to make phone calls (or receive them) while on the motorcycle, then...YES, YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

Personally I wouldn't want voice turn-by-turn either while I'm riding, but that's less bad.

Upvote 0
I am unable to get the turn by turn voice navigation to come through the Scala Rider...it only comes through the Incredible's speaker. This also goes for my old Motorola bluetooth device I use in my vehicle.

I have a Parrot SK4000 bluetooth headset on my motorcycle helmet and a Parrot MKi9000 bluetooth interface in my Honda Element. The voice navigation from Google Nav comes through both devices when paired, not the DI's speaker. I didn't do anything special, it just worked automagically after I paired them.

Upvote 0
I have a Parrot SK4000 bluetooth headset on my motorcycle helmet and a Parrot MKi9000 bluetooth interface in my Honda Element. The voice navigation from Google Nav comes through both devices when paired, not the DI's speaker. I didn't do anything special, it just worked automagically after I paired them.

The difference here, perhaps, is you feed the bluetooth interface with output of the headphone jack?

Upvote 0
If you're attempting to make phone calls (or receive them) while on the motorcycle, then...YES, YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

Personally I wouldn't want voice turn-by-turn either while I'm riding, but that's less bad.

I value safety more so than the average rider, and I agree about the phone calls, but to be against voice directions is just ridiculous. It's supposed to HELP the rider navigate. Do you really expect everyone to stop on the side of the road and unfold a map? That's more dangerous than hearing directions!

Since I have the same phone and same intercom, I am very interested in hearing the resolution to this problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones