Htc incredible & bluetoothAccessories

Last Updated:

1. N3WWL

N3WWL New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sure it's been discussed before. I have a Cardo Scala Rider bluetooth headset mounted on my motorcycle helmet. The devices work together for phone operation perfectly. I am unable to get the turn by turn voice navigation to come through the Scala Rider...it only comes through the Incredible's speaker. This also goes for my old Motorola bluetooth device I use in my vehicle. Am I doing someting wrong, or is it simply a compatability issue. I am unable to see my Incredible on my motorcycle as I keep it in my shirt pocket. It sure would be nice to have verbal navigation through the Scala Rider. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Advertisement
  2. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

I believe it is in the software & just how it is. I get telephone calls clearly through my blue tooth in my jeep, but navigation only comes through the phone speaker.

3. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

I get phone, nav and music via bluetooth in both of my cars. One car has OEM BT and the other has a kensington liquidaux BT.

4. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

If you're attempting to make phone calls (or receive them) while on the motorcycle, then...YES, YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

Personally I wouldn't want voice turn-by-turn either while I'm riding, but that's less bad.

5. jdaghir

jdaghir Member

I have a Parrot SK4000 bluetooth headset on my motorcycle helmet and a Parrot MKi9000 bluetooth interface in my Honda Element. The voice navigation from Google Nav comes through both devices when paired, not the DI's speaker. I didn't do anything special, it just worked automagically after I paired them.

6. N3WWL

N3WWL New Member This Topic's Starter

I am only attempting to use the navigation, not make phone calls. I only get sound out of the phone's speaker and nothing from the bluetooth headset. The bluetooth works fine for phone calls.

7. mbrunson

mbrunson New Member

I want this too! As near as I can tell, turn-by-turn verbal instructions do not go to any bluetooth device with Android. I am using 2.2 on a Samsung Captivate.
    As this is open source, it should be relatively easy to fix this. Unfortunately it is beyond my skill set.

Michael

8. mbrunson

mbrunson New Member

The difference here, perhaps, is you feed the bluetooth interface with output of the headphone jack?

9. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

I value safety more so than the average rider, and I agree about the phone calls, but to be against voice directions is just ridiculous. It's supposed to HELP the rider navigate. Do you really expect everyone to stop on the side of the road and unfold a map? That's more dangerous than hearing directions!

Since I have the same phone and same intercom, I am very interested in hearing the resolution to this problem.

10. mbrunson

mbrunson New Member

I found a solution. Use the app from the store:

Super BT Mono