• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc incredible to droid x

The screen and battery would likely be a huge upgrade, I don't think performance would differ too much going off specs. I personally like Sense a lot.

I know you're likely looking at the DX because it's cheap but the DInc2 might be a good option too. More RAM, still by HTC if you like them and greatly improved battery life (about on par or better than the DX from what I've heard).

It has Temp Root but no permanent root yet and no ETA on when it might, so if that's something you can't live without (I personally think the Inc2 would be a great phone even when kept stock, just remove bloat with temproot).

I don't have much personal experience with any of these phones but I've done a lot of research on all three. I hope it helps a little, even though I know hands on experience will be more preferred to hear about.

Upvote 0
I want to switch to something free or low cost so its either the Droid x, fascinate or buy a spare battery and charger for my dinc which I don't want to do lol. I really like HTC but I cannot afford the dinc 2 right now

If battery life is really something you want, I would go Droid X. I have a Fascinate and I love the phone, but for battery life it's not the best.

It's a crazy world we live in when you have great choices in amazing devices for close to free. Although there are newer phones coming out, the Droid X and Fascinate are very capable devices and will hold their own for a while.

Upvote 0
I switched to the X from a DInc mostly due to phone sound quality and reception. I love the X screen size and Gingerbread is a plus. I usually get a full day from a charge but heavy days require a mid day charge. I've never regretted for a second leaving the DInc.

This sums up the advantages of the droid x pretty well. Don't forget droid x is faster clock for clock though both are 1ghz. The best thing the incredible has over the droid x is htc sense, which is better than blur. The amoled on the dinc is heavily overboosted imo (but some still like it better than the droid x screen). Not sure if the lcd dinc is better or worse than droid x screen wise.

The fascinate probably has the best hardware of the 3 (best gpu, best screen:super amoled, probably best cpu too) but the worst software (bing integration, touchwiz). If you can get a gingerbread rom that gets rid of bing the fascinate should be better, but I do love my droid x.

Upvote 0

The fascinate probably has the best hardware of the 3 (best gpu, best screen:super amoled, probably best cpu too) but the worst software (bing integration, touchwiz). If you can get a gingerbread rom that gets rid of bing the fascinate should be better, but I do love my droid x.

I would have to disagree about the Amoled screen on the Fascinate being better. I activated my fascinate today and took it to work. I couldn't wait to get home and reactivate my Dx. The screen on the Dx may not be as vibrant, but it's much more crisp and clear, especially for text.

Upvote 0
I would have to disagree about the Amoled screen on the Fascinate being better. I activated my fascinate today and took it to work. I couldn't wait to get home and reactivate my Dx. The screen on the Dx may not be as vibrant, but it's much more crisp and clear, especially for text.

Interesting, I thought the only problem with the regular amoled on the incredible was the colors, but the super amoled on the fascinate is supposed to have fixed that while improving the overall image quality. I don't have a fascinate to do an a/b like I did with the dinc and my droid x, so I'll take your word for it.

Upvote 0
Interesting, I thought the only problem with the regular amoled on the incredible was the colors, but the super amoled on the fascinate is supposed to have fixed that while improving the overall image quality. I don't have a fascinate to do an a/b like I did with the dinc and my droid x, so I'll take your word for it.

I wasn't even impressed with the Super AMOLED plus screen on the Charge. I guess the DX is just so damned bright that once you get used to it anything less looks dim.

Upvote 0
hi, I recently went from the Dinc to the Droid X because I dropped my Dinc in water. I couldn't get the battery out in time. The Dinc wasn't available through insurance, so I had to get the Droid X. At first, I hated it because it was bigger....however, it only took me several minutes to fall in love with it.

As others have said, the battery life is awesome compared to the Dinc. I LOVE my Droid X and would never go back!

Upvote 0
10rkb9t.jpg

I have a droid X. I get really good battery life. But also not, this was before Gingerbread, and I have the extended battery which I HIGHLY recommend. It's nice to go this long without being tied to a wall. :)

EDIT: Oh, I also have Juice Defender, it helps LOADS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones