• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Htc Inspire stuck at white screen

willieamm

Lurker
Oct 22, 2012
Hi everyone. I'm new here and new to HTC/ android phones. I recently tried upgrading my htc inapire 4G to the newest software At&T has. Essentially I followed all the steps but when the installation was finished the phone just wouldn't go past the White screen. I av tried battery pull numerous times. Have even tried recovery, factory reset, wipe cache but nothing seems to work. Whenever I choose the recovery option a green circular arrws comes on the phone screen but is quickly replaced by a phone icon with a red triangle next to it. I really don't know what next n i'm frustrated. Anyone knows what the symbol means or how to fix the situation. Any advice/ suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Which method did you try to use when upgrading? Did you do it over the air or via an RUU (an exe file from your PC)? Can you try running the RUU again?

I did it using a an official RUU from HTC. Tried running it multiple times since then. It went through the installation process but the phone still gets stuck at the white screen.

Upvote 0
You might have already found a solution to your problem but here's what I have to say. I had the same problem. I took out the SD card and tried upgrading it again and luckily, it did the trick! Boy, was I relieved and super duper happy!

So, take out the SD card and try upgrading it again. I hope this will work for you like it did for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones