• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HTC ONE accessories (discussion, user reviews)

I ordered on 3/14/2013,& the status is still "processing order'.I'm @ work ATM,I'll get on-line this evening w/a CSR & see if I can get a definitive shipping date.

A similar experience w/MUGEN BOWER from Hong Kong only took nine days w/airmail to arrive.Anything by 4/1/2013 +/- a few days would be satisfactory for me.

UPDATE: Chat line was off-line for the evening,sent a e-mail requesting a status update.

UPDATE,PART DEUX: Just got a response from DX-BOX.COM.

Metal-Slim Ultra-thin Transparent Case For HTC ONE M7

The case shipped on 3/16/2013,awaiting tracking number.

Upvote 0
Any idea on delivery timescale?

I know normal mail from China can take anything up to a month to UK, any idea about Airmail though. Hopefully be within a week though.:D

I've had a few things airmailed from China before. Generally take a max of 2 weeks by airmail (the quickest I've had was 7 working days). A lot quicker that the standard mail from China where I've had various items take up to 5 weeks before :p. Plus I've had a couple items lost with standard... over the last couple of years.

Reactions: craftycarper
Upvote 0
^^^^^^^^^^^^
THX for the link,OTO34! :D

I'm glad a transparent case is available,it'd be a shame to cover up a phone that looks this nice.

Metal-Slim Ultra-thin Transparent Case For HTC ONE M7

I ordered on 3/14/2013,& the status is still "processing order'.I'm @ work ATM,I'll get on-line this evening w/a CSR & see if I can get a definitive shipping date.

A similar experience w/MUGEN BOWER from Hong Kong only took nine days w/airmail to arrive.Anything by 4/1/2013 +/- a few days would be satisfactory for me.

UPDATE: Chat line was off-line for the evening,sent a e-mail requesting a status update.

UPDATE,PART DEUX: Just got a response from DX-BOX.COM.

The case shipped on 3/16/2013,awaiting tracking number.

UPDATE:Received tracking number on 3/22/2013,shipping airmail via HongKongPost,w/final delivery by USPS.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I usually end up with the phone first and can't wait for the case to arrive. :p :D

Just what i've done. i've got the phone sat next to me and no case to put it in. Oh well, Gorilla Glass 2 and Aluminium give me some comfort.

When I bought the phone yesterday, I thought I would check out some of the other phone stores for cases on the off chance that they have stock in. I realised there was a negligible chance but I had to give it a go.

In the Vodafone store, my own carrier's store as it happens, they refused to believe that I had the phone. The sales rep called another colleague over and they both looked at me in that way you do when you obviously don't believe someone but are too polite to say. He even said "Do you mean the One X variant as the One hasn't been released yet and no-one has it?" And "OK, if you've got it, show it to me." and when I brought it out he still refused to believe me and thought I had a shop dummy. As well as wanting a case, I went in there to get a new sim card as I am relegating my iPhone 5 to my work device and need a new sim for the HTC to transfer over my personal number. After I fitted the sim, I held it up, switched it on and he was very apologetic. He was all over it like a shot, wanting to know all about it. Apparently in that store they hadn't even seen them in the flesh yet. Both the sales reps themselves have personally ordered the One so they were very interested.

No-one had a case so i've ordered the XtremeGuard front and back protectors and will just go with those. The phone is far too beautiful to cover up for the moment, although I have ordered a rugged case for those times when I need it.

Reactions: KOLIO and EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Just what i've done. i've got the phone sat next to me and no case to put it in. Oh well, Gorilla Glass 2 and Aluminium give me some comfort.

No-one had a case so i've ordered the XtremeGuard front and back protectors and will just go with those. The phone is far too beautiful to cover up for the moment, although I have ordered a rugged case for those times when I need it.

Do you have a link for the body skin? (Or,are you talking about a 2-piece phone case?)

All I see on the site for the ONE is a screen protector.As they are currently having a 60% off sale :deal:,I'd like to take advantage of this offer before it expires.

THX!:D

UPDATE:

Found the option to upgrade to full-body protection.MSRP $10.00,but ONLY $4.00 w/the discount code [60off].Got two + rush processing for only 99 cents extra,so,grand total of $8.99 out the door. :D

HTC ONE Screen Protector

See post #32 in this very thread for an even better discount for multiple quantities [THX CRAFTYCARPER]!I missed it earlier :eek:

Reactions: toad6386
Upvote 0
Do you have a link for the body skin? (Or,are you talking about a 2-piece phone case?)

All I see on the site for the ONE is a screen protector.As they are currently having a 60% off sale :deal:,I'd like to take advantage of this offer before it expires.

THX!:D

UPDATE:

Found the option to upgrade to full-body protection.MSRP $10.00,but ONLY $4.00 w/the discount code [60off].Got two + rush processing for only 99 cents extra,so,grand total of $8.99 out the door. :D

HTC ONE Screen Protector

See post #32 in this very thread for an even better discount for multiple quantities [THX CRAFTYCARPER]!I missed it earlier :eek:

Yes, that's the cookie from Craftycarper's post. 83% discount is great and even with postage it doesn't come to much.

I'm currently using a sock for my phone until the protectors arrive. I'd like to say it was a specially designed 'phone sock', but no, it's an actual sock... :D

Upvote 0
Mine should arrive today or tomorrow then as I ordered mine on the same day as you.

EDIT: Mine arrived today and they were really easy to put on. They are the soft type and i've had a bad experience with those on my S2 where they have increased the friction on the screen when gliding one's finger across it. Here's hoping these ones don't do the same.

Perfect fit though, front and back. They need up to two days to 'cure' so I shall report back how they are in a couple of days.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Yep, agree with Scootmien, Went on fairly easily, still managed to pick up some "bits" by the look of it, the front is a better fit than i thought with prob only 1mm each side uncovered.

Same as above, they feel quite tactile at the moment, which i think is good for the back, makes it less "slippery" in the hand, quite pleased with the back.

Not sure if i'll keep the front one on, i will wait until it's completely dry, and maybe even try again in a few days with the other set, maybe a bit too "sticky" for nice easy swiping.

No problem really with the "wet" application, just go easy when pushing the water about with the little card, i just put some electrical tape over the speakers, and held a small towel at the edges of the screen to stop any water trying to get in any of the various holes.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Yep, agree with Scootmien, Went on fairly easily, still managed to pick up some "bits" by the look of it, the front is a better fit than i thought with prob only 1mm each side uncovered.

Same as above, they feel quite tactile at the moment, which i think is good for the back, makes it less "slippery" in the hand, quite pleased with the back.

Not sure if i'll keep the front one on, i will wait until it's completely dry, and maybe even try again in a few days with the other set, maybe a bit too "sticky" for nice easy swiping.

No problem really with the "wet" application, just go easy when pushing the water about with the little card, i just put some electrical tape over the speakers, and held a small towel at the edges of the screen to stop any water trying to get in any of the various holes.

Mine hasn't got any bits underneath fortunately (bit of a first for me as it happens) and it seems to have 'cured' now and the screen is crystal clear. It has increased the friction of the screen and now my finger doesn't effortlessly glide over it like it did to the bare glass. However, the friction isn't too bad and it is still possible to swipe one's finger cross the screen with relative ease.

I agree that the slightly tactile feel of the back has aided the grip of the phone in the hand quite considerably. All in all, I am very pleased with them and am now very happy to use the phone caseless knowing that both the front and back are protected.

Upvote 0
Ok, general accessory maybe of interest to One owners.

Buying headsets tonight at my Sprint store (cheap monobuds I love that WifelyMon keeps giving away or losing for me lol), I ask about the One, my nice rep starts in on the Sammy, I ask her to understand that I don't care, it doesn't have Boom Sound, which is becoming the big differentiator for me.

She lights up and says check this out, JBL Flip Bluetooth speaker -

http://www.wired.com/geekmom/2012/12/jbl-flip-bluetooth-speaker/

Only, they had it in black.

This thing is the real deal.

She started cranking it from across the room (Diamond Life, Sade, tyvm) and it just kept going up. She shut down every conversation in the shop at 5 o'clock rush time, there was no point in doing anything other than just staring at the little beast.

It's crisp, it's beefy, it packs a punch and if you're a Sprint customer you can snag one for $80.

I put this here because if you're about the Boom Sound and still want a rocking portable speaker, this is it.

She said that the box didn't lie, it gets 5 hours on a charge.

My decision right now is do I want 2 of them.

Upvote 0
Ok, general accessory maybe of interest to One owners.

Buying headsets tonight at my Sprint store (cheap monobuds I love that WifelyMon keeps giving away or losing for me lol), I ask about the One, my nice rep starts in on the Sammy, I ask her to understand that I don't care, it doesn't have Boom Sound, which is becoming the big differentiator for me.

She lights up and says check this out, JBL Flip Bluetooth speaker -

JBL Flip Bluetooth Speaker: Product Review | GeekMom | Wired.com

Only, they had it in black.

This thing is the real deal.

It's crisp, it's beefy, it packs a punch and if you're a Sprint customer you can snag one for $80.

I put this here because if you're about the Boom Sound and still want a rocking portable speaker, this is it.

She said that the box didn't lie, it gets 5 hours on a charge.

My decision right now is do I want 2 of them.

Well,of course you want 2 of them!

Getting one would be like salt w/no pepper, KOOL-AID w/no sugar, ham w/no burger, etc..................... :D

Upvote 0
Well,of course you want 2 of them!

Getting one would be like salt w/no pepper, KOOL-AID w/no sugar, ham w/no burger, etc..................... :D

One of them truly rocked. :)

The second one would be for my wife. She's managed to set up my old B&W mini towers in the garage for when she's doing stuff there. I think that I want those back in the house. :D

Stereo's important too and for that, there's the set marctronixx just turned me on to checking out. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones