HTC Rep Confirms that Gingerbread is Up Next for the ThunderboltGeneral

1. TCM

TCM Well-Known Member

Source:
    HTC Rep Confirms that Gingerbread is Up Next for the Thunderbolt - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Advertisement
  2. SeekerOfTheWay

SeekerOfTheWay Well-Known Member

Nice! Will VZW give it to us right away?
  3. dangerous

dangerous Well-Known Member

This made laugh.. (i was thinking, no, VZW is going to STICK it to us First).

I hope the update comes SOONer than any later.
  4. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

Like I said in the other thread, I have a gut feeling the June 30th screenshots are real and that the few grammatical errors are causing people to dismiss it as being fake.

Only time will tell.
  5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Couldn't stand the wait just got done rooting
  6. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. How many times we heard this song and dance. It will be nice to have it but all most does is get their hopes up then when the date comes and goes then we get the pissed off posts of how verizon sucks. HTC dont care about us. Why not just sit back and when it happens it happens. No need to get your hopes up with an email to calm an upset customer who is mad with them and their phone.
    lgldrgdlr likes this.
  7. I'm not updating Gingerbread until I get some feedback for a couple weeks. Watch the Gingerbread have some kind of problem. People with it will be bitching to go back to Froyo to be told NOPE :) not falling for the little trick until it's been tested for awhile and feedback.
  8. jvbaseball

jvbaseball Active Member

I'm a gambler I will be updating as soon as it comes out. In fact I've check every day to see if they release it early.
  9. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

Of course not, they have to wait till 2.4 comes out first. ;)
    jj3699 likes this.
  10. Treknologist

Treknologist Well-Known Member

I will update as soon as it comes out...in hopes that it fixes the reboot issue!
  11. Revs9k01

Revs9k01 Active Member

I am currently rooted on Bamf Sense 3.0 RC3 with Imo's LeanTest Sense Kernel and on the MR2 radio. Let's just say for the sake of argument that they release GB on the 30th and i want to update to it. What do I do? Also is there anything besides ignoring the OTA that I need to do if I want to stay with what I have?

Thanks!
  12. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

If I am still on the 1.12 firmware, I should be able to go straight to the GB without having to update to 1.13(the reboot one), right?
  13. Whatstreet

Whatstreet Well-Known Member

I hope we get Gingerbread soon.

When will we get Ice Cream Sandwich?
  14. TCM

TCM Well-Known Member

Lets just worry about getting Gingerbread and necessary fixes for now haha