• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Rep Confirms that Gingerbread is Up Next for the Thunderbolt

TCM

Apr 1, 2011
HTC told us all the way back in March that we’d have Gingerbread (Android 2.3) on the Thunderbolt some time in Q2, but with that time frame about to come to a close, our readers are starting to get antsy. And that means that they are reaching out to HTC to try and find out any little tidbit they can, one of which we’ve included below. An HTC rep has confirmed that the next update for the Tbolt won’t just be to fix the reboot issues, but that it will also update the phone to Gingerbread.

Dear Adam XXXXX,
I understand how important it is for your Thunderbolt to function properly and I apologize that you have been experiencing rebooting of the device. HTC and Verizon are aware of this issue and an update will be released soon that will address the reboot issue, and bring the Gingerbread 2.3 upgrade on board, as well as several other enhancements. Although I don’t have an official release date to provide you, this update will be released soon. Please monitor our website for further information as the release date moves closer.
To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Sincerely,
Jessica
HTC
Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

I know that isn’t a date, but Q2 ends in 5 days, so we’ll be on the look out for any happenings behind the scenes. To get an idea of what you can expect from 2.3 on the Tbolt, you’ll want to check out this post.
Cheers Adam!
Source:
HTC Rep Confirms that Gingerbread is Up Next for the Thunderbolt - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

smiley_blah_blah_blah.gif
. How many times we heard this song and dance. It will be nice to have it but all most does is get their hopes up then when the date comes and goes then we get the pissed off posts of how verizon sucks. HTC dont care about us. Why not just sit back and when it happens it happens. No need to get your hopes up with an email to calm an upset customer who is mad with them and their phone.

Reactions: lgldrgdlr
Upvote 0
I'm not updating Gingerbread until I get some feedback for a couple weeks. Watch the Gingerbread have some kind of problem. People with it will be bitching to go back to Froyo to be told NOPE :) not falling for the little trick until it's been tested for awhile and feedback.

I'm a gambler I will be updating as soon as it comes out. In fact I've check every day to see if they release it early.

Upvote 0
I am currently rooted on Bamf Sense 3.0 RC3 with Imo's LeanTest Sense Kernel and on the MR2 radio. Let's just say for the sake of argument that they release GB on the 30th and i want to update to it. What do I do? Also is there anything besides ignoring the OTA that I need to do if I want to stay with what I have?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones