• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC sense clock freezing

I wanted to say, that rebooting fixed the clock, and now i only have one widget/app, not two stacked anymore.
But still, who wants to reboot, sometimes a couple times during the day just to fix this.
I might have to try a new rom. Ive been needing to upgrade to 3.70 anyway.
Its just weird that ive been using Myns for months and it just now decided to do this.

Upvote 0
I restored the apps i mainly use. I dont have any apps that i havent been using for months, i only added back what i need. And i did rearrange my settings, but nothing out of the ordinary either.
Its really weird that it came back and did that. Im not sure what in the world could be causing that.
If we cant figure it out dont worry about it, ill just keep playing around with it until it fixes.
On a side note, of all the times i wiped/reflashed myns, the last two times have had some other little issues. A few freezes, reboots, and very slow reaction to hanging up phone calls, swiping through screens, etc. The only reason i stayed on rls 4 was because of how smooth and problem free it was for me. Everything was perfect so i felt there was no need to upgrade yet.

But now it has been doing odd things. I just upgraded my kernel to 4.3.1, Previously I was on 4.1.9.1, but you know ive been using that one for a while.
Then, if you remember I used SBC for a while, and had no problems. When i switched BACK to 4.1.9.1, these problems started, and have continued up until now.. Not sure if that has anything do with the price of gas.. but i was just now thinking of it and figured id ask your opinion.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!

My device is Huawei P8 Lite and Android Lollipop.

I had the same problem with various Clock and Weather widgets and I manage to solve it !!
The problem is when you press the power button device goes to sleep mode and widget stops responding.

To work around this problem go to Settings -> Protected Apps -> add Sesnse flip clock widget here.
Each program added here will continue working after device went to sleep mode.

Voila, problem solved ;)

:: cheers ::

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones