• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sense issues

kidfrankie

Lurker
Feb 21, 2011
Hi folks another newbie here with a question that has proberly been posted many times (Sorry in advance).

I have recently upgraded to a new htc desire hd and have to say that while i love the phone im not that impressed with some of the things i cannot do or even things that do not seem to work.

To start with i am wondering if i am the only one who is having problems with htc sense?

When i log in my phone is shown on the map but not in the correct location, In fact it is somewhere near Nigeria and i live nowhere near there lol.

I was wondering if anyone else suffers from the same problem ?

El Kroket

Thats what i love about internet forums, Very easy to sit in front of your screen and be sarcastic to newbies like me, That is some attitude you have there (Got many friends have you?).

I did try to find answers and did come accross some threads with some usefull info on but not one of the ideas from other members worked for me which is why i asked the question in the first place.

Seems to me like more than a few have a problem with the htc sense which is why i have now deleted my account and will try again at a later date.

For those of you with sensible replies i thank you.

Upvote 0
El Kroket
Thats what i love about internet forums, Very easy to sit in front of your screen and be sarcastic to newbies like me,
There was nothing sarcastic about my reply...

That is some attitude you have there (Got many friends have you?).
Who's the one being sarcastic here??? :) A bit hypocritical isn't it?
In my opinion the only person here with an attitude was you for not doing any effort. Others I'd love to help.

El Kroket
I did try to find answers and did come accross some threads with some usefull info on but not one of the ideas from other members worked for me which is why i asked the question in the first place.
The site isn't fully operational yet... That's mentioned plenty of times before!

Cheerios

Upvote 0
Internet_argument.jpg

Upvote 0
Got exactly the same problem
I think its to do with the phone number format

Also connecting to htc hub is hit and miss for me

I have the same problem.
All it shows is that "Your phone is performing initial sync and will take time blah blah blah."
It has not changed ever since. I dont know how to fix this problem.

Upvote 0
All works for me.

Make sure you've set up your location settings correctly, gps on, pref on a WiFi network etc when you locate your phone.

Bit of patience is the key.

I must say, however that it tends to locate on my isp position over my gps, which is not true location when in office due to where server is located (bout 1/4 mile away).

Will leave phone at home tomorrow and check from office pc.

Upvote 0
All works for me.

Make sure you've set up your location settings correctly, gps on, pref on a WiFi network etc when you locate your phone.

Bit of patience is the key.

I must say, however that it tends to locate on my isp position over my gps, which is not true location when in office due to where server is located (bout 1/4 mile away).

Will leave phone at home tomorrow and check from office pc.

If it's inside and can't get a GPS signal (it does say it needs a clear view of the sky), it will use something called Cell Site Triangulation to track the phone which is never as accurate as GPS.

Upvote 0
Ive posted a reply on a HTC forum this is a reply I got from HTC customer services:

"HTC can confirm that HTC Sense.com is currently in development for use in a near future. Specific device variants, including regional or national variations that will have access have not yet been confirmed. Once more detailed information is available on the release date and which of the devices will use this feature then a more formal announcement will be made.
We recommend to follow us in Twitter for instant notifications at http://twitter.com/htc_eu"

Make of that what you will...but seeing as it's one of the key selling point for an otherwise excellent phone, it's dissapointing.

Upvote 0
Well i have tried lots of suggestions (All appreciated by the way) but i still cannot get this to work, Worst of all i deleted the account from the website and my phone then re registered and now i cannot log back in.

I have now contacted them with a rather short but sharp email although i doubt anything will come of it to be honest.

I guess it will be a case of wait and see then. :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones