HTC sync issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. roy-e69

roy-e69 Member This Topic's Starter

hi all,

i stupidly formatted the sd card in the phone (i got it today) and then realised when reading on that the htc sync is stored on it. i duly downloaded version 2.0.18 and installed it, all drivers installed perfectly fine HOWEVER for the life of me the phone cannot find htc sync on the laptop (windows 7) to sync with ... any ideas what i can do?

i have googled for the passed 3 hours and no joy.

have you chaps managed to sync?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. amster

amster Active Member

I did the same and wiped the card, no worries.
    Plug your cable into your PC USB and select hard drive on the phone when it flashes up. For some bizarre reason one USB port on my laptop wasn't responding but the other one was.

3. roy-e69

thanks for the reply,

i can access the phonr that way and put music etc. on but i cannot access the phone via the htc sync software, therefore i cannot sync contacts etc.

can you access you phone vis HTC sync (computer software)? and what system you running?

thanks

4. amster

amster Active Member

I'm running Vista, btw.
    I've not yet made a sync with contacts as of yet but managed to get phone and PC talking to each other, which is a first step for me.

Out of curiosity, can you explain what you are trying to do, as this will help me understand something I'm missing too.

5. roy-e69

im trying to use the HTC mobile management pc software basically (its called HTC Sync) however the phone searches for the HTC sync (which i have open) on my laptop, the phone then says "unable to find HTC sync on your pc". it is however clearly there as it is open in front of me.

you will see it on the htc website under supposrt, tried to paste a link but this page wont let me paste.

6. amster

amster Active Member

Cheers for the help, I'm still learning all this myself too. I'll try and check that out.

7. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Sync doesn't work with Macs :(

8. dumps

dumps New Member

Did anyone find a solution for this? I did exactly the same thing weirdly - formatted the sd card and had to download the software. Once installed the phone starts looking for htc sync on the laptop but then just stops and says 'synchronisation status disconnected'. Irritating.
    Cheers
    Dumps

9. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Fines the HTC folders under programs, and manually copy the drivers to system32 folder.

It'll work then! If running win 7, then you need v2.0.28 (which was on the SD card ;)) to work properly with Win7

Riffster4 likes this.
  10. Riffster4

Riffster4 New Member

Thanks NX1977:

That fix worked perfectly for me : I've re-scoured the HTC documentation, ad nowhere in their documentation do they say. "to get the supported program to actually sync, resort to copying drivers to reserved system folders. !!!"

Desire is useful now !!!!! ( I love my desire ! )

R.

11. LSG hTC

LSG hTC New Member

hTC Sync PC Connection Issues

If your hTC device (mines the new hTC Desire

12. benner

benner Well-Known Member