• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sync Manager stopped working

lofquist

Lurker
Jun 13, 2010
I have seen a couple of posts, but no real answer. My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga2 running Win 8.1.

HTC Sync Manager was running fine until the most recent big Android update. From that point on sync manager does not recognize my phone. I have contacted HTC support. no help there. They had me put the phone in to debugging mode and do a reset a couple of times. On thing I did notice after the android update is when I connect the phone, a window pops up asking me what I want the phone to do when it is connected. It didn't do that before. I have it set for cd installer. In the status header at the top of the phone it shows Sync Manager version 2.0.38.0 is running.

Anyone else had this problem or can recommend another app to sync my Calendar and Contacts between Outlook and my phone.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones