• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Tatto not formatting my SD card properly

Hey! this is my first post on here, and i have no idea if anyone else has brought this up already or not.

On my HTC Tattoo Android Phone I am using a 4GB SD card, which my phone keeps telling me i need to format. BUT when i go through the steps on my Tattoo to format it, well it just doesnt work!

So, i've tried plugging my phone into my computers (one windows 7 and the other XP) and go to format the SD card through that way... just the issue is neither of the computers recognise that there is an SD card in my Tattoo device cos my phone will not let me run it as a Disk Drive.. so under "My Computer" there isn't any other icons but my Hard Disk and DVD Drives.

So i am wondering, is there any way to sort this out?? My mate was saying something about manually putting in coding to format it. I mean, is it worth doing that? Or just try and take it back to Vodafone and complain it's faulty??

Hope someone can give me a hand here

Thanks Very Much,

htctatt2 :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones