• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Wildfire is glitchy, can't turn on? [possible internal memory problem]

reahabby

Lurker
Jul 19, 2012
Today morning I received a notification saying my HTC Wildfire was low on memory. I checked the SD card memory and it had at least 3GB left, so I assumed that it was the internal memory that was having problems. I deleted a few apps but that notification was still there. When I tried opening my messages they were force closed (note: I do have around 3000 messages, I'm a bit obsessed with keeping them...).

The main issue happened later. Suddenly, my phone vibrated and it turned off. Then, the HTC page showed up, and then it vibrated again, this time with the "quietly brilliant" page showing up. And then that repeated, over and over again. I tried taking out the battery and trying to turn it on again but the same thing just happened.

What's going on? Is this glitch because of the internal memory? What should I do now?

Wy wife has a Wildfire, and yesterday, same thing. It opens with Quietly brilliant, and keeps resetting. Only fix is to remove the battery. Another big issue is the internal memory problem - constantly blocking the phone. It seems you can't have too many apps stored on this, rendering it quite useless as a Smart Phone

Reactions: reahabby
Upvote 0
Exactly the same for me. Internal memory full message. Crashing browser and apps.
Tried to restart - stuck in a loop of rebooting.
Removed battery to stop the loop - but still happening.

Most apps won't allow me to move them to SD card.

The memory full messages never give advice on how to 'manage applications', just dump you in the apps list.

All we can do is remove applications?
Any advice on the limits of what we can store?
- numbers of photos/videos/files
- do texts and emails make a difference?
- can we save contacts in any way to make them lighter on memory?

This is all academic because I can't even turn on the phone to fix it.

So what do I do about it?

Reactions: reahabby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones