• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei Mercury Battery Issues

fernymerk

Lurker
Mar 3, 2012
Just got my mercury march 3rd. but i've been having major battery issues with it since the day i got it. if i play a game, or use an app, for about 5 minutes or so, the battery gets extremely extremely hot, and i usually lose 15 to 20% of battery. also if i have my phone on standby or in my pocket or something, the battery gets extremely hot and wastes a lot of power. last night i stopped charging it at around 2 and it had 97%. when i woke up at 8, it was at 43%. should i just get a new battery, or is this a phone issue?

im having the same problem... I just bought my Mercury yesterday, 3-20-12 and outta the box it had about half a charge. I used it all day n fully charged the battery last night. Today the phone/battery has been very hot all day n wont hold a good charge. Its my understanding that the battery with this phone is supposed to be pretty good but I'm having a different experience. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Much appreciated.

Upvote 0
So I have a Huawei Mercury and I really like it, although I to have batter problems at times.

After some time I found the problem! well for me anyway. there is a voice to text option that works really well!! and I love using it! but for what ever reason it never stop running even if you hit the little button by mistake. you will need to Force Stop it and your batter life will be saved!! having this run all the time really is a hit to your battery, it really makes it hard for the phone to recharge as well. On that note I would get ride of the Stock charger and upgrade to one that charges faster, the stock one puts out 800mA really look for one that puts out 1000mA or more, you will see a HUGE difference!!! also the phone is restricted to 1000mA intake to perfect it form a surge.

:cool:Hope this helps you all!:cool:

Upvote 0
So I have a Huawei Mercury and I really like it, although I to have batter problems at times.

After some time I found the problem! well for me anyway. there is a voice to text option that works really well!! and I love using it! but for what ever reason it never stop running even if you hit the little button by mistake. you will need to Force Stop it and your batter life will be saved!! having this run all the time really is a hit to your battery, it really makes it hard for the phone to recharge as well. On that note I would get ride of the Stock charger and upgrade to one that charges faster, the stock one puts out 800mA really look for one that puts out 1000mA or more, you will see a HUGE difference!!! also the phone is restricted to 1000mA intake to perfect it form a surge.

:cool:Hope this helps you all!:cool:
Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forums! Welcome also to all the other newer members.

Upvote 0
hey if battery is the issue you can go in for extended battery wid door. Try Ontrion batteries theu are really tried and tested and you just neesd to charge your phone for 2-3 hours and then just forget your chargers coz u wont require it for very long time.

www.ontrion.com

i use ontrion battery for my phone n i just love the way it works..
That's the first one I've seen for the Mercury. How big/bulky is it, and what does the replacement battery cover look like? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I think she works for them it's the same post basically in different phone forums lol

Sent from the future using my mind bullets
Hey Johnny Crapple,

i wish i worked for them but its not the case. iam here just to share what im using.
i bought a battery from ebay and it was a disaster then someone mentioned ontrion battery i bought one n m very happy.
im not trying to become their brand ambassador.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones