• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hubby's eris suddenly experiencing battery drain

donnakd

Jan 19, 2010
My hubby has had his eris since 4-1-10(I have one, too, got it 1-20-10), and the last few days is experiencing serious battery drain. Right now, after being off charger 3 1/2 hours, having been in his pocket all morning, the battery is down to 50%. The only call made on it was to tell me. )He did install weatherbug last Saturday when the weather channel app was wonky, but didn't experience drain until Monday, and he uninstalled weatherbug at that time.) He also said it seems like it is getting hot. Any suggestions? We both have had ours replaced twice, and my daughter who got the motorola devour, had it replaced twice before having it replace for the driod 1 on the third replacement. I hate to call verizon with our history, but I will.
Oh, I don't for one minute think any of the replacements have anything to do with anything we did, with the exception of making bad decisions on what phone to get!
Also, my battery drained severely on Monday, but I had tried weatherbug too....uninstalled it and seems back to normal...

Perhaps it's a looping sync? Look in settings-accounts & sync, tap the Google account. Is one of those constantly syncing?

There is a fix. Say that it's contacts. You'd go into settings->applications->manage applications, wait for the list to refresh, look for "Contacts Storage". Tap it, then tap "clear data", and that should reset contacts on the phone and copy down contacts from the Google account. It would be "Calendar Storage" for calendar looping and (I think) Gmail for gmail looping (though GMail may also have a "Gmail Storage" app - I'd do that one instead.)

Upvote 0
I've had a problem that sounds similar to this.

Normally the phone goes to sleep if you don't mess with it for awhile. That's what allows the battery to last a day or more. I never figured out why, but sometimes my phone gets into a state where it refuses to go to sleep. The only symptom is that the Spare Parts app says that Android System is eating up 100% of the CPU time.

The only fix I've come up with is to just turn off the phone, pull the battery out for a few seconds, then boot up again. It stops draining the battery so badly after that. But the only real warning you have is that the battery is way lower than it should be.

Upvote 0
After fully charging it mid-day, it did not drain....from about 2 yesterday afternoon to 11 last night it only drained to 70%. I haven't spoken with him about it again. And for the first time since late last week, my phone was at 51% at the end of the day, which had become the normal for me. I still think it has something to do with our verizon network here in our rural area....something must have been up with our towers. When they were switching our towers to 3G, we had a horrible time with battery drain. Anyway, for now we are back to normal.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones