• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huge improvement in battery performance

D

Deleted User

Sat morning:

I am a moderate user, I have the screen set to automatic and use live wallpaper. Everyday I read 3 newspaper and 6 magazines via Pulse. Stocks are switched off, e mail and calender are push with Facebook and twitter every 4 hours. On most days I can get about 16 - 17 hours before the battery warning goes into the red. Last Monday I tried the HTC charging tip, on charge for 8 hours, off, charge 1 hour, phone on 2 minutes, off, charge 1 hour. On Tuesday I installed Juice Defender, free addition, basic settings. I cant say I noticed a lot of difference until yesterday. I took the phone off charge at 8am, used it in the usual way, reading all my stuff on Pulse etc. In addition I updated a few apps and intalled Photaf and took a few pictures to play with it (impressive). I needed to use my ATM finder which required the use of GPS. I was out for the evening and got back at 2am this morning. Before going to bed I checked the phone settings, it showed that the phone had been on for 18 hours 26 minutes and that there was still 47% of charge remaining. If that is accurate then thats an impressive improvement and I am well pleased :)

Sat morning:

I am a moderate user, I have the screen set to automatic and use live wallpaper. Everyday I read 3 newspaper and 6 magazines via Pulse. Stocks are switched off, e mail and calender are push with Facebook and twitter every 4 hours. On most days I can get about 16 - 17 hours before the battery warning goes into the red. Last Monday I tried the HTC charging tip, on charge for 8 hours, off, charge 1 hour, phone on 2 minutes, off, charge 1 hour. On Tuesday I installed Juice Defender, free addition, basic settings. I cant say I noticed a lot of difference until yesterday. I took the phone off charge at 8am, used it in the usual way, reading all my stuff on Pulse etc. In addition I updated a few apps and intalled Photaf and took a few pictures to play with it (impressive). I needed to use my ATM finder which required the use of GPS. I was out for the evening and got back at 2am this morning. Before going to bed I checked the phone settings, it showed that the phone had been on for 18 hours 26 minutes and that there was still 47% of charge remaining. If that is accurate then thats an impressive improvement and I am well pleased :)

I use Juice Defender Plus and it makes a big difference. If you continue to find the free version helpful I would recommend Plus which adds a lot more control. There is an Ultimate version as well, but most of the additional features require the phone to be rooted in order to work. Note that the Plus version on Amazon.com is out of date, so if you decide to try it get it through the Google Market.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
i charge mine normally and i don't use juice defender. yesterday, i used my phone for a few phone calls, email checks and occasional facebook. by the time i got home, from a very long day and night (4am). i had 67% batterylife left and my phone was off charge for over 18hours (close to 19). the other day, my phone was in heavy use, A LOT of incoming and outgoing calls and checking emails. halfway thru the day I was already at 60%. Sometimes my phone will last up to 2 days depending how I use it. 3 hours of gaming will drain the battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones