• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I am confused and need help guys.

Still the same without wifi.
I believe I will call VM technical service to tell them to reset my phone.

Don't, unless you have the stock rom loaded. It will all go horribly wrong!

Did the phone work correctly before you rooted it?

I would start again. Wipe data/cache, flash your rom, flash the correct gapps, login to google, make sure it works, then restore your backup.

If it still doesn't work, restore the stock rom (assuming you made a backup) and see if you get data. If not, at that point, call Virgin. (With the stock rom loaded).

Upvote 0
Still the same without wifi.
I believe I will call VM technical service to tell them to reset my phone.

VM can only help if you use the stock ROM. If you installed a custom ROM, you can get all the help you need here.
Unfortunately, the only thing you can do right now is a full wipe, flash CM7 and Gingerbread Gapps (not ICS) from here:
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
If you use Google voice, flash this one as well: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-gb-20110828-newtalk-signed.zip

Upvote 0
Alright guys and girls not sure if girls are here lol anyways, I got my phone fixed. It was simply just the bad signal. I went to the bathroom and then played with my phone..let me give a try and see it might work and bam all works fine now. :p Wierd huh!? lol

Anyway; Mods you can close this thread if you'd like to or save it for newbies and they can read.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones