I am extremely happy with my Droid!

Last Updated:

1. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am hard to impress and this device really impresses me. No bugs or issues yet that I haven't been able to fix. Camera works great. Screen is beautiful. Everything is solid. Call quality is great. Signal is rock solid (better, in fact, than my old LG, which was itself good). GPS is crazy accurate (can tell which couch I'm sitting on within the same room).

Motorola, Google, and Verizon is a team that's hard to match if the owner is ready to invest the time in setting up the device properly.

I'd like to throw a HUGE thanks out to all the developers out there working on Android OS, ROMS, and APPS. Without you, this experience would be fail. THANK YOU!

Advertisement
  2. Berkshire5

Berkshire5 Active Member

Glad you're enjoying your Droid! Mine will arive on Tuesday, so hopefully I will have the same experience as you.

Have you gotten the 2.1 update yet? If so, how'd that go for you?

3. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes and no. I'm rooted and blocked OTA, but I did update the to the latest NexBeast ROM and latest Baseband flash...both of which are based on the 2.1 OTA release. Works great.

4. 1up5dn

1up5dn Well-Known Member Contributor

I have to agree. I got mine on December 26th and it has worked flawlessly for me (yes, I got the OTA update and it installed with no drama). I wasn't the least bit interested in getting a "smartphone" until the Droid came out. Then I knew a couple of people that got it and started to see what it could actually do. Now, there's no turning back!

I think they need to change their marketing. I always thought having a smartphone meant being able to read your email on the go. Bleh, so what. I want to get AWAY from my email. What they need to call them is NETphones. Explain that you can have your computer and the net anywhere you are! Then even more people may make the jump.

Good job Google and good job Motorola!!!!!

5. Berkshire5

Berkshire5 Active Member

I can only wish Motorola makes more Android phones rather than HTC and Samsung. Those brands have been very unreliable for me in the past, I'm afraid I won't be purchasing their products.

6. mrjam3s

mrjam3s Well-Known Member

I agree!

7. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

glad to see that these threads are being made. i love my droid too, it does it all!

8. Space Mountain

Space Mountain Active Member

^Certainly better than the "Going back to iSuckphone" or "This phones sucks cause of some lame a** problem" threads :)

9. KAL-EL

KAL-EL Well-Known Member

Have owned my droid for a little over a month now. it is by far the best cell phone I have ever owned. The cherry on top is that I ended up geting it for $19.99 @ amazon. Ahhhh, life is beautiful!

10. Jesson

Jesson Well-Known Member

Had mine since Nov 11 and lovin it!! Never going back to my BB Storm ;)

11. godrno

godrno New Member

I'm diggin my droid, first smartphone I've owned and I'm very happy with it.

12. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I got mine in Mid November...and unrooted with the stock 2.0.1 ROM...this was the best phone I had ever used...and I've had quite a few smartphones.

Rooted with CyanogenMod ROM running on it...overclocked to 1.2GHz....there isn't even a close second! :D

13. Djanvk

Djanvk Active Member

This is me to, I've had the drops since november and I am loving this phone, i have really no complaints.

14. KAL-EL

KAL-EL Well-Known Member

1.2GHz!?? Wow! Good for you. I think I would be to scaredy cat to try that :eek: So can you fry an egg on the back of your droid yet? :p

15. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i got mine clocked to 1100 and it stays pretty cool most the time.

16. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I love my Droid to. I don't see myself switching any time soon.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

17. Crazy_J

Crazy_J Well-Known Member

I too love my Droid and wouldn't at this time consider ANY other phone. I don't have over heating issues or any of the other issues I've read some people have. Had some lag before I rooted and ROMed my Droid, but now its screaming fast, smooth, and running very cool oc'ed @ 1ghz. Freaking sweet!

18. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Nah...It's okay. I have honestly tried to fry this thing...and I can't. I've been as hot as 130 Deg F really trying to push this thing and it doesn't care...It's a beast!

I use profiles in SetCPU so it can't get that hot under normal conditions. Look at the profiles...my phone can only run at 1.2GHz when needed, not charging, not in standby, and not when the temp is above 48 deg C (which is 118.4 deg F). It it gets that hot, it drops down to 800MHz...but it usually doesn't get that hot under normal use.

[​IMG]