• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I am extremely happy with my Droid!

cggorman

Android Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2010
I am hard to impress and this device really impresses me. No bugs or issues yet that I haven't been able to fix. Camera works great. Screen is beautiful. Everything is solid. Call quality is great. Signal is rock solid (better, in fact, than my old LG, which was itself good). GPS is crazy accurate (can tell which couch I'm sitting on within the same room).

Motorola, Google, and Verizon is a team that's hard to match if the owner is ready to invest the time in setting up the device properly.

I'd like to throw a HUGE thanks out to all the developers out there working on Android OS, ROMS, and APPS. Without you, this experience would be fail. THANK YOU!

I have to agree. I got mine on December 26th and it has worked flawlessly for me (yes, I got the OTA update and it installed with no drama). I wasn't the least bit interested in getting a "smartphone" until the Droid came out. Then I knew a couple of people that got it and started to see what it could actually do. Now, there's no turning back!

I think they need to change their marketing. I always thought having a smartphone meant being able to read your email on the go. Bleh, so what. I want to get AWAY from my email. What they need to call them is NETphones. Explain that you can have your computer and the net anywhere you are! Then even more people may make the jump.

Good job Google and good job Motorola!!!!!

Upvote 0
I am hard to impress and this device really impresses me. No bugs or issues yet that I haven't been able to fix. Camera works great. Screen is beautiful. Everything is solid. Call quality is great. Signal is rock solid (better, in fact, than my old LG, which was itself good). GPS is crazy accurate (can tell which couch I'm sitting on within the same room).

Motorola, Google, and Verizon is a team that's hard to match if the owner is ready to invest the time in setting up the device properly.

I'd like to throw a HUGE thanks out to all the developers out there working on Android OS, ROMS, and APPS. Without you, this experience would be fail. THANK YOU!

I agree!

Upvote 0
I got mine in Mid November...and unrooted with the stock 2.0.1 ROM...this was the best phone I had ever used...and I've had quite a few smartphones.

Rooted with CyanogenMod ROM running on it...overclocked to 1.2GHz....there isn't even a close second! :D

1.2GHz!?? Wow! Good for you. I think I would be to scaredy cat to try that :eek: So can you fry an egg on the back of your droid yet? :p

Upvote 0
1.2GHz!?? Wow! Good for you. I think I would be to scaredy cat to try that :eek: So can you fry an egg on the back of your droid yet? :p

Nah...It's okay. I have honestly tried to fry this thing...and I can't. I've been as hot as 130 Deg F really trying to push this thing and it doesn't care...It's a beast!

I use profiles in SetCPU so it can't get that hot under normal conditions. Look at the profiles...my phone can only run at 1.2GHz when needed, not charging, not in standby, and not when the temp is above 48 deg C (which is 118.4 deg F). It it gets that hot, it drops down to 800MHz...but it usually doesn't get that hot under normal use.

Q0V70.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones