I can now text like a middle-school girl.Tips

Last Updated:

1. XikkeN

XikkeN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I feel so much better about my keyboard. I have been using the stock one, but it gives me fits with my man hands and correcting my texts has been a pain in the ass.

I finally sat down and researched a lot of keyboards and tried out a bunch on my Stock 2.2 Evo.

Anyway, the keyboards on the marketplace are crap. They promise tons of options, but work as well as the stock keyboard. Then I heard about the Droid X keyboard, and spent about 2 hours installing and playing with different versions before discovering that they didn't run on 2.2

I finally found one here that worked perfectly. It is amazing.

[​IMG]

P.S. I really wanted to try Swype, but the only working version that I found told me that the trial period was over and wouldn't let me type a word.

Advertisement
  2. Mikey P

Mikey P Well-Known Member

you can download the swype .apk from xda and install using astro, works great.

3. kegacide

kegacide Well-Known Member

i use shapewriter since i couldn't find swype also, but i love shapewriter, use it exclusively as my keyboard, even with this droid X keyboard i also had installed

4. Sainix

Sainix Well-Known Member

Is there a guide on how to do this for noobs?

5. PUREADDICT

PUREADDICT Member

Do you need to be rooted to use this Droid X keyboard?

6. PUREADDICT

PUREADDICT Member

NM, yes you do.

7. XikkeN

No, you don't. You can install the APK and then enable it. No root required.

8. XikkeN

That's where I got mine, but it still says the trial is over. Can you PM me a link to a working version?

9. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

I use SlideIt and love it. They say it's similar to Swype...there's a free trial version on the market

10. stanglifemike

stanglifemike Well-Known Member

Is this the version that you have? Swype for the EVO? Now with an IDIOT-PROOF GUIDE! - xda-developers I'm pretty sure thats where I got it from and it installs and works perfect for me after every flash. If your still having issues, or that one isnt working, then have a look here :
    Problems with swype on 2.2 froyo? Or just want a cool skin? Click here! - Android Forums
    Actually just found that, and it has a couple cool skins (green/black "HTC" and red/black "Droid Does")for Swype that I have never seen before. Though my current Sype is gray/blue which works perfect with my phones current theme but those others are bookmarked for future reference!! Here are the Swype themes for any one just interested in those : Two Themed Versions of Swype for HTC Evo and HTC Incredible | Market 4 Android

Sainix likes this.