• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can now text like a middle-school girl.

XikkeN

Aug 4, 2010
I feel so much better about my keyboard. I have been using the stock one, but it gives me fits with my man hands and correcting my texts has been a pain in the ass.

I finally sat down and researched a lot of keyboards and tried out a bunch on my Stock 2.2 Evo.

Anyway, the keyboards on the marketplace are crap. They promise tons of options, but work as well as the stock keyboard. Then I heard about the Droid X keyboard, and spent about 2 hours installing and playing with different versions before discovering that they didn't run on 2.2

I finally found one here that worked perfectly. It is amazing.

de0ecc7b.png

P.S. I really wanted to try Swype, but the only working version that I found told me that the trial period was over and wouldn't let me type a word.

Is this the version that you have? Swype for the EVO? Now with an IDIOT-PROOF GUIDE! - xda-developers I'm pretty sure thats where I got it from and it installs and works perfect for me after every flash. If your still having issues, or that one isnt working, then have a look here :
Problems with swype on 2.2 froyo? Or just want a cool skin? Click here! - Android Forums
Actually just found that, and it has a couple cool skins (green/black "HTC" and red/black "Droid Does")for Swype that I have never seen before. Though my current Sype is gray/blue which works perfect with my phones current theme but those others are bookmarked for future reference!! Here are the Swype themes for any one just interested in those : Two Themed Versions of Swype for HTC Evo and HTC Incredible | Market 4 Android

Reactions: Sainix
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones