• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can't decide

nieltab

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2011
Hello fellow members :)

I want to buy a new android phone. Currently I have a samsung galaxy s3, but I want something bigger, newer and faster ;)

I'm wowed about the nexus 6, but the price tag of 650 euros is something to think about. I also saw the LG G3 for 360 euros (it's a cashback action). I prefer the nexus 6, but in your opinions, is it worth the 290 euros I will pay more in comparison with the LG G3?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Depends on what you want from your phone. Plus have you used a lot of Samsung devices or have you switched brands? Take note that Samsung puts a lot of stuff on their phones not on other brands, especially Nexus. For example, a Nexus doesn't have an inbuilt alternative for My Files, the default music player is Play Music. There is no dedicated video app (you play it from the gallery). There are other things too, which you may consider. A G3 has several similar apps though, and so far, the G3 is comparable to an S5 in terms of hardware and capability. A Nexus 6 is next gen, basically it would be more comparable to the upcoming S6 and G4. Is it worth the money? Only you can say, but whichever you choose, it will be better than your current phone.

Upvote 0
I only had a samsung galaxy s advance and samsung galaxy s3. I don't need a lot of bloatware pre-installed, so in that case I would love a nexus. I don't use many of the samsung features my galaxy s3 has (like multi wondow and such).

I went to the store to have a look at the G3. I like the size of screen. I'm now thinking of buying this one, but not completely sure yet. Any other reactions are welcome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones