I can't get the email to workSupport

1. pastelsoda

pastelsoda Member

I had the note 2 for verizon white version for 1 week now. Until 3 days ago stock Email app worked fine, and today I decided to reformat my note 2. The problem was I could no longer login to my email on my phone, it kept saying password has change enter a new password. I can login to my email from my computer but not from my phone.

So today I reformatted the phone, and now its not even letting me login the email. Every time I go into email after 2-3 minute of loading, it keeps saying Account setup error occurred. Timeout. Request failed.

I purposely typed wrong password to see how it would react, 3 minutes later it says the same message.

I duno whats going on any help?

Advertisement
    :
  2. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member

Any chance your company IT department changed any security settings for your server?
  3. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

Would you be able to setup the account again from scratch? If so, you could clear the data from the email app and start over. I think you just go to application manager, find the email app, and clear data and cache. Next time you enter, it will probably ask you to set up your email again.
  4. pastelsoda

pastelsoda Member

Soryry for late reply, I have not tried what you have told me to try yet, and I don't work for a company T_T just a student~. but Im getting different errors now.

Accout setup error occurred
    202: accepted

and

500: invalid server response

Is my phone crazy?
  5. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member

It is the same for a school as it is for a company /business. It is possible that they have changed server security or policies. I would check with your schools IT department who is in charge of the outlook servers and see if they can assist you.
  6. TTNuge

TTNuge Member

Any chance you are using Yahoo Mail?
  7. pastelsoda

pastelsoda Member

sorry yes I forgot to mention I am using yahoo mail. Would the school / company stuff matter if Im using my own personal email rather then the company / student email?
  8. SHIVA77

SHIVA77 Well-Known Member

It's Yahoo. It's messed up and doesn't work well with the stock email. you may want to download the Yahoo Mail app from Play.
  9. BleedingPurist

BleedingPurist Well-Known Member

The issue is with Yahoo. I was unable to set up the stock Email app with them this morning for the same reason. They are obviously working on their email server.