• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't use any Shortcode texts on my Epic

No Shortcode texts work on my Epic.
It says "Message failed. Shortcode may have expired or shortcode texting may be blocked on your account"

So I figured there was a block, for some odd reason, on my account. I went to a Sprint store and there was no block on my account.

The 2 different codes I was trying were not expired either. One of them was for a free popcorn at the theater when we went to see Harry Potter, and there was a big kiosk with a scanner to scan the barcode it would send beck to the phone so I could get a free popcorn, so I doubt that was expired.

Anyone else have problems?
Any ideas on what to try?

The last SC message I was able to send was on Sept 10, 2011. The only thing that changed since was a GV update to 4.2.36. Today I tried and could not send to SC. Found GV 3.4 at this link: http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/130435-do-not-update-google-voice.html
With GV 3.4 i can now send again to short code.

Android2 running Gingerbread on Verizon Network.
Only SC I care to send to is 466453 - Google 411

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones