I CAN'T WAiT!!

Last Updated:

1. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't think I can WAIT!! (LOL).. This phone is soooo next generation!!! IM SOOO EXCITED LOL... June/July seem soo far away right now!

Anyone else feel like this? lol

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

yea... i have an instinct so i REALLLLY hope i can wait that long but im going too as hard as it will be because if i don't get this phone, i'll be kicking myself, this phone ACTUALLY has potential to last longer than a year and STILL be a top device after that time... which is rare now a days

3. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

it will be interesting to see what Apple counters with in it's 4th gen iphone... anything less than a 4G capable, large (4" +) screen, high res (800x480 or more) and extras like front facing camera and hdmi will be a fail...

but i wouldn't count Apple out yet... they are quietly waiting... although judging from the ipad, i'm not so sure the 4th gen iphone will blow the doors off... we shall see....

right now, i'm geeked about the EVO 4G... might just have to get one... we'll see how the xda community responds with hacks and ROMs once it releases...

4. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Who cares about Apple and their Apple only compatible, closed market phone? This phone is all I need. Apple can come out with Cable television on their phone as far as I’m concerned and still wouldn’t make them better @ this point. Why even mention Apple in this discussion???

billsmed likes this.
  5. mi_canuck

dude... chill...

only brought up because *right now*, the EVO 4G is the cat's meow, but things can change quickly... this is just technology afterall... it's ever more forward...

6. Covert_Death

well the iphone won't have 4G regardless so that is out of the question unless it releases on sprint, which won't happen. an FFC is possible but a bigger screen is not because of the way their programs are written, writing for different screen sizes and resolutions isn't too friendly, people would have to write sepperatly for the iPhone 4g and then another code for the previous 3 devices... they kinda locked themselves in as far as look and feel of the phone,

the only thing i see them doing is an FFC for skype stuff and then an FM radio reciever/transmitter... maybe AMOLED screen and a wifi-n capable attena, but the current iPhone as we know it has run out of options to add that will REALLY wow people...

i think the EVO is the first phone with the true capability to outshine the iPhone for a while, there is just no way possible iPhone can out preform

7. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

If that happens, Apple will finally concede to be the 'innovators' as they proclaim themselves to be and start following HTC! Perhaps HTC can sue them for a change... :D

8. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

What's the matter? Can't you wait...[table][tr][td]Summer[/td][td]Days[/td][td]Hours[/td][td]Minutes[/td][td]Seconds[/td][/tr][tr][td]1 st day of [/td][td]88[/td][td]2112[/td][td]126,720[/td][td]7,603,200[/td][/tr][tr][td]last day of [/td][td]181[/td][td]4344[/td][td]260,640[/td][td]15,638,400[/td][/tr][/table]
    Its not that far away at all. :D

TS out (of time)

9. MauiDude

MauiDude Well-Known Member

Crap! I have been sitting on 2 upgradeable phones since December! Been waiting for the slim chance that a Wimax android was on the horizon. These last few months are gonna really test my patience. And I'm comin from a Touch Pro! The old one! When they say "summer" what do they mean? Crap that's still to vague for me. Like, by summer or end of summer would be more specific. The "uknowness" hehe is driving me absolutely batty!!!!! Haha, funniest thing is I live on the tiny island of Maui and we got 4G already!! Had it for awhile now. Wow, I think my psychy just took another hit.

10. gmcdaniel

gmcdaniel Active Member

Think you got it bad? I don't even get my upgrade until Oct. 1st. So I have to wait a couple of months after it's released to get mine, but that could be a good thing.

11. MauiDude

Hmmm, you may have a point there. The N1 had issues too. I'm worried about 2 things. Battery life and radio strength. So far all my HTC phones have had terrible radios. Which I think causes my battery woes. I've never had a phone that could go a regular day. Like say 8am to ....12pm maybe. Never happened here. Maybe its because I'm on a little bitty island and cell towers might be fewer than most places since its a pretty open area. No big building and such. Haaaa. I'll just have to wait and see.

12. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

TS - this is awesome! Can you keep a daily countdown for us :D

Someone did that on Precentral.net and it was pretty cool seeing the countdown until launch date

13. twospirits

Unless the admins put in some addon code to allow this, I won't be able to create on here using the current code. But I can create a flash one. Once I get home tonight I'll play around with Photoshop, Image ready then into Flash.

TS

Covert_Death likes this.
  14. Covert_Death

lol this timer is going to end way before it's released i bet, and then we will get a release date and have to make a new timer

15. evotitans

evotitans Well-Known Member

I dont see Apple doing anything big for a 4th Generation phone....what else can they do? A new 4G phone??? For what? AT&T and LTE are still atleast a year away from being rolled out to marketable errors, and LTE is nowhere near being stable like WiMax is now. So basically a new OS upgrade, with functionalities that are already available on other phones(Rumored multitasking, probably background...which is almost a standard now). Oh and universal email? Way behind again.

I think they are pushing hard for the iPad, and not so much a new phone.

Besides, it makes perfect sense why Apple is suing HTC all of a sudden now...if they had any info on the EVO they would want to delay that phone for as long as possible.

EVO beats the 3Gs interms of specs in every way, and with Android/Google on it, it could really be the true Iphone killer....and not just the phone people buy because they cant get an Iphone.

16. twospirits

Even if DelMonte Apple sauce did make a 4G iPhone with all the specs the EVo has, let them, this way HTC can turn around and sue their asses.

TS out (eating Apple pie)

17. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

lol^^^

18. travisr528

travisr528 Well-Known Member

I am in the same situation. I have the original touch pro as well, and it's a great phone, but like you said the battery doesn't last. Mine is not a radio issue though. Austin has good coverage. I want this phone so bad right now.

19. MauiDude

I feel for ya Trav. I hope its not the 1st week in june though! I'll be in JAPAN!!!!! Can I pull some hair out now? Thank you bedy much.

20. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

Exactly right. The market is going to be VERY cluttered this Summer/Fall. There will be tons of new devices: iPhone X, HTC Desire/EVO/Legend/CDMA Nexus One, Motorola a1, Samsung Galaxy, etc. Each one has their own pros and cons. Just settle in for the long haul and lets see how everything pans out. ;) On a side note, I can't tell you how happy I am that Sprint gives me yearly upgrades so I can chuck my Pre away without doing too much damage to my wallet :D.

21. Norril

Norril Well-Known Member

A 4g iPhone would be a joke. AT&T doesn't even have 4g test markets scheduled until sometime in 2011, which means 2012 before the major metro areas start getting it. Unless, Apple jumps over to Verizon, but that is only a rumor at this point. A rumor that Verizon employees have been telling customers for a year, to try and keep from losing them to AT&T. When I dumped my Driod tial back in November, they told me they would release iPhone in Q1 2010...

Personally, I think all GSM phones need to be thrown in the trash. I hate "chicken phones", that make clucking sounds, when ever you have them near speaker wires and speaker phones. Last one I owned went off, right in the middle of a hugely important business call and I literally threw it across the room to make it stop that annoying sound.:mad:

Been on CDMA with Sprint ever since - roughly year 2000.

22. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

Don't buy cheap speakers that don't have shielding, the only time I have this problem is by my alarm clock which is a POS.

Not being able to move phones between carriers and worse battery life from CDMA are the biggest turn off for me getting the EVO but I feel I will make the switch.

23. Covert_Death

most speakers go off with GSM phones, my truck speakers (upgraded Kappa infiniti series) even react to GSM text's and calls, it is very annoying and i understand his complaint

24. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I work in multimedia for a large university and even the high end lecture halls have this issue. When you have racks of equipment, wiring, wireless systems, speakers, etc. there is always some spot in the chain susceptible. I hate it with a passion when some speaker refuses to turn of his effing iPhone and the whole webcast has that noise in the background as his phone searches for signal and sends/receives data.

As far as an iPhone 4th gen, I imagine we will see a higher res screen but probably not much different in terms of dimensions. Leaked hardware screenshots seem to show a device that is the same width as the current gen but a bit taller to maybe fit a FFC or just more hardware. Width needs to stay the same to keep those expensive docks and special stereo systems compatible.

I would imagine they are putting out a decent incremental update but I don't foresee any kind of 4G radio yet. Apple doesn't typically add features until they have been out for a while and tested. For all the talk people give them about innovation, they really don't try much that is new. Just look how long it took them to add 3G, GPS, video, copy/paste, camera, 3rd party apps, etc. They tend to focus on ease of use and form factor. Not making a judgment here...just stating the facts. They have found a large market in people who wanted to upgrade from their old flip phones and candybars but were intimidated by the Treos and Moguls and such out at the time.

This is a good thing because while other manufacturers and OS creators were working on power and flexibility, Apple was focusing on usability. Other phones have benefited from this IMO. I'm no Apple fan and personally don't like how they achieve this through restriction and leaving out features but there is obviously a large demand for easy to use phones with lots of games and apps and stuff.

25. mi_canuck

it won't do it when on 3G/UMTS/HSDPA - which is WCDMA... i'm rarely if ever on the Edge network with my Nexus... so the "GSM causes speaker clicking noises" is rather moot at best... :rolleyes: