• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I dont have knox on GS5

circusjonko

Lurker
Jul 24, 2014
Hello,

Seems like I dont have knox on my galaxy S5. The icon is in the apps but when I click it nothing happens. Sofar I have resetted the phone, manually downloaded a knox.apk all in all i cant get it to work. I have called samsung they used Smart Tutor to check my phone. The girl from samsung told me that this is because some S5's dont support knox because of the android version (I think she didnt have a clue just a cheap way to get me to hangup). Anyway some help from you guys would make me 1 happy dude again!

Some info:

Modelnumber: SM-G900F
Android: 4.4.2
Basebandversion: G900FXXU1ANE2
Kernelversion: 3.4.0-1539356

I don't know much about Knox except that I don't want it. For what I do know, Knox is basically for security so that way a company (actually made for the military or government) would know if a phone is compromised or not so secured files email server or whatever could be kept on the phone. So if certain parameters of the phone get altered it trips the flag letting them know that the phone is no longer secure and making certain applications not work anymore for you and I and most people that doesn't have a job that requires it it's pretty much useless and invasive

Upvote 0
You need a Mobile Device Manager to use Knox. Basically it is a way for a corporate MDM to create a secure area on the phone for corporate apps and documents. It makes it a lot easier for corporations to support personal devices. You can leave the personal part of the phone unchanged so the user can do whatever they want with it, and have a special secure area you control for the corporate data.

Reactions: smith058
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones