• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i got my 3 doors today

Got my doors last night. At first i thought it was my wife's Amazon order since they came in such a large box.
Definitely a little more snug than the stock door. Only going to use the one. If a loose battery door continues to be an issue then I'll go back to using my case, (I like the Droid w/o the case right now). So did I need 3? No.....ordered 3 because I could. Didn't realize it was going to cause a commotion. If anybody wants one of the 2 spares send me a PM with your name and address. I'll drop em' in the mail next time I'm at the post office. I got something for free....no reason I can't reciprocate.

Upvote 0
Hello all. I also got a new battery door, but I got it in a different way that seems to be less hassle free from what people are posting here. I didn't bother to go through verizon. I simply went to the contact section on the Motorola webpage. I explained that as much as I love my Droid, I can't stand the battery door problem, but I had been told they could help. Four business days later, I'm holding an improved door in my hands, 100% free of charge and free of hassle. I HIGHLY recommend this way.

Now on to the door itself.
It's the same thing as the original door, except the padding in the middle is slightly larger, and for whatever reason that helps a ton. That's all you need to know lol.

Thanks for the tip! Sent Motorola an email yesterday and they're shipping me a new door via FedEx 2-Day Delivery.

Upvote 0
Hmm my door fitted perfectly on my first droid.. my replacement, which cane without a door (i was told to use door of old droid), is loose and has come off twice in my pocket.

Does anyone have a spare they can send me, I'll gladly pay for shipping, or I can send a SAE perhaps?.. I get the feeling this one i have will fall off someday soon.. eep

Upvote 0
Hello all. I also got a new battery door, but I got it in a different way that seems to be less hassle free from what people are posting here. I didn't bother to go through verizon. I simply went to the contact section on the Motorola webpage. I explained that as much as I love my Droid, I can't stand the battery door problem, but I had been told they could help. Four business days later, I'm holding an improved door in my hands, 100% free of charge and free of hassle. I HIGHLY recommend this way.

Now on to the door itself.
It's the same thing as the original door, except the padding in the middle is slightly larger, and for whatever reason that helps a ton. That's all you need to know lol.

Yeah, I tried that, too. They told me I had to "obtain a warranty replacement" to do so. Is this what you had to do?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I tried that, too. They told me I had to "obtain a warranty replacement" to do so. Is this what you had to do?

Not at all. I said how every Motorola I've owned has always been reliable and flawless and my Droid would be too except for the loose battery door. I went on to tell them that I read on a forum that there was a new and improved door. I got an email the next day saying they were sending me a new door.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones