• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I had a boot loop after I edit the system.prop files. Can somebodya help me.

Hi, I have a Nexus 4 and then i modified the build.prop the device don't start :(
Someone can help me? :(

The solution to your problem is the same, you need to replace the new modified build.prop with the original one.
The script i have made for pushing the file into the system via recovery might be different than what the nexus 4 needs. I'd suggest you post this problem in the nexus 4 thread, its quite an active community, you will get help their easily.

I can however suggest you to use aroma file explorer to do this instead of using a recovery flashable zip. The aroma file explorer runs via recovery, its very easy to use.

Upvote 0
my device is karbonn a6
i have attached my stock rom buil file so please help me:eek:

i also replace the build.prop with my original but when i flash there is some written word are {intallation aborted}

Sorry bro i can only make updater script for S5830 and S5830i, i have never tried making universal scripts for other devices. Installation aborted error is because the updater script in the zip file does not support your device's system.

I can however suggest you to use aroma file explorer to correct your problem via recovery.

Upvote 0
Make a CWM bakup first, then try flashing this.
Put this in your sd card, enter into recovery, flash the .zip file, reboot.

Note: Attempt at your own risk, if you don't feel comfortable then don't attempt it.
My case is worse, it stuck in the samsung logo, at first adb still able to recognise it, after reboot using adb, adb won't recognise it anymore. Then I see this attachment and I just found it can't even boot into recovery mode (volume up+home+power right?), what should I do?

Upvote 0
the attachment is improper, upload again
Make a CWM bakup first, then try flashing this.
Put this in your sd card, enter into recovery, flash the .zip file, reboot.

Note: Attempt at your own risk, if you don't feel comfortable then don't attempt it.
Wow you are really trying very hard to kill your phone, you know just smashing it with a hammer will be a lot easier? :p

You got the firmware alright, but did you ever read anywhere how to install it, you can't flash that with recovery, you need to flash it with Odin via a computer. Now search for how to use Odin and do it properly, or you can just use the hammer :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones