• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I HATE rogers

ryno1974

May 3, 2010
I have had a poorly performing SE Xperia X10 for 20 months now. I have finally had enough, and want to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE. I am perfectly willing to renew my 3 year contract with them, but I dont want to pay the $165 they want for an early hardware upgrade. I understand that is their policy, but this phone blows. It has never worked properly (anyone that has had one will understand what I mean) and they have been completly unable to help with its short comings. The guy spent a half on hour on the phone with me ignoring my point and trying to sell me an additional phone, an additional 2 phones, a downgrade, and a tablet. I hate, hate HATE dealing with Rogers. I so want to get away from them but I have no choice.

Did I mention I hate them?

.... I am perfectly willing to renew my 3 year contract with them......
I so want to get away from them but I have no choice.

um, sure you do. Why would you be willing to renew for another 3 year jail term? Go buy a used phone and forget about rogers, they don't make phones anyway.

Upvote 0
I have had a poorly performing SE Xperia X10 for 20 months now. I have finally had enough, and want to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE. I am perfectly willing to renew my 3 year contract with them, but I dont want to pay the $165 they want for an early hardware upgrade. I understand that is their policy, but this phone blows. It has never worked properly (anyone that has had one will understand what I mean) and they have been completly unable to help with its short comings. The guy spent a half on hour on the phone with me ignoring my point and trying to sell me an additional phone, an additional 2 phones, a downgrade, and a tablet. I hate, hate HATE dealing with Rogers. I so want to get away from them but I have no choice.

Can't honestly say that I know what you mean, have had this phone since day 1 and yes the stock rom is extremely bloated, but I am running a custom rom and kernel from XDA Developers and I would put it up against almost any phone today! A custom rom on the X10 kicks ass and is definitely worth the time and effort learning how to do it!

Upvote 0
As a sort of follow-up to Roze, if you can find someone selling a Nexus S (I believe Fido has them maybe?) or on Ebay used, you can probably get one cheaper than a Galaxy Nexus, and it will also be "carrier unlocked".

That way you get a better phone without having to extend your contract, and when your contract ends you will be in a better bargaining position.

Upvote 0
My 2 cents and for what it's worth...

From what I've experienced, Rogers will allow you to renew at 2 years with new hardware and no penalities IF you sign up for 3 years again.

$10 per month for every month before 2 years - BUT given all the pain you've been through - I would hope they'd wave the $40...

I'm on a business corporate plan so it's not really my own device or my money, but we re-sign every 2 years and refresh devices.

Not saying Rogers is the best / worst or cheapest / expensive - just giving you that info...

Paul :)

Upvote 0
Thanks all. About a three weeks ago now I convinced them to waive the fee and upgrade me to a Galaxy Nexus. LOVING the new phone :). Still dont like Rogers much, but the device is sooooo much better it almost makes you forget.

And now my son has a nice Xperia X10 MP3 player / wifi gaming machine..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones