I just bought the S4 and have a problemSupport

Last Updated: 2013-06-09 14:57:30
  1. cthomas95

cthomas95 New Member

I purchased the Galaxy 4S yesterday. When I first left the store everything was fine but after I played with it for a while last night, somehow I changed the color for everything. All of my pictures, screens and icons are all messed up and I can't find where to correct this. Does anyone know the fix for this issue? Any info will be very much appreciated at this point because I am ready to take the phone back to the store. :( :mad:

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Let's see if I can't get this moved to the galaxy s4 forum for you.
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, cthomas95. :)

"I played with it for a while..." does not give us much to go on as to what changes you could have made that would "change the color for everything."

Did you install anything from the Play Store, such as a launcher? If so, go into the Application Manager via the main menu and uninstall that launcher to return your default launcher to activity.

Perhaps a visit to the store with your explanation could help, if one of the techs there has seen that issue, but I'm thinking you might remedy it yourself with a factory data reset, which brings the device back to the condition it was in out of the box.

First backup what data (pics, files etc) you want to keep, then use the factory data reset option in the menu:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Back up and reset.
    4. Tap Factory data reset.
    Atma, cthomas95 and Rxpert83 like this.
  4. cthomas95

cthomas95 New Member

So far that has worked!! All I was trying to do was set up the setting the way that I wanted them and I changed the background to a personal pictured. I'm wondering if the issue happened when I installed the Advanced Task Killer.

Anyway, thank you for you reply I appreciate it!!!!
    Frisco and Rxpert83 like this.