• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I just bought the S4 and have a problem

cthomas95

Lurker
Jun 9, 2013
I purchased the Galaxy 4S yesterday. When I first left the store everything was fine but after I played with it for a while last night, somehow I changed the color for everything. All of my pictures, screens and icons are all messed up and I can't find where to correct this. Does anyone know the fix for this issue? Any info will be very much appreciated at this point because I am ready to take the phone back to the store. :( :mad:

I purchased the Galaxy 4S yesterday. When I first left the store everything was fine but after I played with it for a while last night, somehow I changed the color for everything. All of my pictures, screens and icons are all messed up and I can't find where to correct this. Does anyone know the fix for this issue? Any info will be very much appreciated at this point because I am ready to take the phone back to the store. :( :mad:

Welcome to the forums, cthomas95. :)

"I played with it for a while..." does not give us much to go on as to what changes you could have made that would "change the color for everything."

Did you install anything from the Play Store, such as a launcher? If so, go into the Application Manager via the main menu and uninstall that launcher to return your default launcher to activity.

Perhaps a visit to the store with your explanation could help, if one of the techs there has seen that issue, but I'm thinking you might remedy it yourself with a factory data reset, which brings the device back to the condition it was in out of the box.

First backup what data (pics, files etc) you want to keep, then use the factory data reset option in the menu:

1. Open Settings.
2. Select Accounts.
3. Select Back up and reset.
4. Tap Factory data reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones