• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I just rooted my phone, now what?

Texans56

Lurker
Oct 30, 2010
ive read about rooting your phone and how awesome it is, and while i am like a hillbilly when it comes to technology i was able to root my vibrant. Afterni did the question came to me, What exactly does rooting your phone do? I looked at the superuser app and it looks very foriegn to me. Also is there anyway i can expand my ram or cut back on the ram being used? even when i have no apps running?:thinking:

ive read about rooting your phone and how awesome it is, and while i am like a hillbilly when it comes to technology i was able to root my vibrant. Afterni did the question came to me, What exactly does rooting your phone do? I looked at the superuser app and it looks very foriegn to me. Also is there anyway i can expand my ram or cut back on the ram being used? even when i have no apps running?:thinking:

Basically ROOTING allows you access the file system. You can load custom roms, overclock, themes and what not

here is some light toilet reading for you

[REF]***Vibrant Directory(Bible)Rev2.1--A little color can't hurt--***(10/29/2010)*** - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones